Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Changing of Those Sounds Might Be The Best Answer But .....



Today sat down with a BH owner and his dear wife.

At the same time received an email about purchasing some good sounds.

Let me start with the young couple who met me somewhere in Petaling Jaya, The Curve.

He started with how he got started and after three years he only managed to own 30 nests. Hmm not bad but a bit too low I told him.

When I said not bad, I was comparing his with those with only have 3 nests after three years.

Oh yes I confirmed with him that his total numbers was a bit on the low side.

"Harry what should be the number?"

My answer was it depend on the location. Normally you should look at about 100 a year plus minus 20 - 30%.

"Okay can I buy those sounds from you and can you guarantee that my nests population will shortly increased?"

Wow what a request. He wanted me to guarantees that there will be more nests after changing to my set of sounds.

There is no such things as guarantees but if you explained a bit more about your BH maybe I might be able to...

He sketched his BH configurations and some indications where those tweeters are located. He swear to god that the BH is very dark and the humidity was within range.

My simple conclusion to them was: If after three years the number of nests were not or no longer increasing, you have some serious problems. You need to get someone experienced to visit your BH and perhaps submit his findings.

I told him that it is very difficult for you to pin point the problems but once you bring in a third party who have entered many BHs plus revamping a good number of BHs, he will be able to more or less determine the probable cause. You follow his recommendations and do up the BH.

You need to make sure that the coonsultant submitted his recommendation in black and white.

Once you have completed the revamp you can now apply those new sounds.

If you do not make any changes, especially after three long years, the birds will enter your BH but the chances for them to stay will be minimum.

They got my message and I hope they will find a suitable person to perform the inspection.

The second person who also have similar problem with his BH sound was from Sabah.

Read this and you will realiased how unprofessional some BH consultants are:

"Dear Harry,

Thanks for the reply.

My current sounds (internal & external) were selected by the builder of the BH. He glued the pen drives to the sound player.

I don't think he wants me to change the sound, or at least want me to give him the business of changing the sounds....

He also seldom if ever come around to check the status of the BH, though he promised he would BEFORE the payment for the BH.


Though there are some nests... but it is kind of slow... and I think perhaps it is time to change the sounds since they have been playing for almost 2 yrs already.


Another "Elephant Glue Syndrome". I remembered writing something about this story before. It must be by the same consultant.

Read this string: http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-you-want-to-increase-those-nests.html

It is sad but those who read this article please be careful when your consultant wanted to glue the thumb drive onto your amplifiers/players.

He is either scared that you will steal his sound or he thinks that you will jeopardise his technology or he is shrewed/cunning/unprofessional/he do not trust you.

So I hope this article is good for you to learn something .......

(Note: If you are in the same boat with the above, you can call this number (017 755 1318) and ask him to carry out the inspection. You are 100% assured of a full report from him just after the inspection (rought) plus a full report within one week.)

No comments: