Saturday, February 6, 2010
Study Group From UM !!!
An interesting group of UM student who wanted to conduct special research on swiftlet farming.
I will be helping them with their investigation and those who are keen to give a helping hand let me know.
This was the introduction email received:
Permission for Obtaining Information
With reference to the above matter, I, Tan SS, and my fellow group
members, students of degree in Estate Management from faculty of the Built
Environment, University of Malaya sincerely would like to obtain some
information needed in producing a valuation report as well as a business
proposal report on agro based project: bird nest investment.
2. As parts of essential references in working out the foresaid
reports, we will be most appreciate if your corporation could provide us
with following documents or information pertaining to the foresaid research
on swiftlet farming and bird nest.
Photocopy of documents/information required:
· The essential components of a successful farm
· The legal aspect of swiftlet farming (eg: what is the planning
procedure/application in constructing a swiftlet farm, the license or permit and etc.)
· The swiftlet farm design (building plan and etc.)
· The cost to construct a swiftlet farm
· The equipments needed and also its price
· The supply and demand of swiftlet farming and bird nest in
· A recommendation on the potential site to start a swiftlet farm
We shall duly apply the documents and information merely for academic
3. We will greatly appreciate if an appointment can be arranged so
that an interview with sir can be carried out for our better understanding
in building and managing swiftlet farm. For easy reference, enclosed with
this letter is letter of consent issued by our learning institution,
University of Malaya.
We look forward for your cooperation and assistance with our highest
This is where those swiftlets association can play their part.
My condition was simple. I would like to have a copy of their findings so that I can share with my blog readers.