Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today Will Be Conducting Some Research On FH !!!



The last three days I was travelling around from one side of the coast to the opposite site.

Started my journey to Sungai Besar Selangor and up to Sabak Bernam on the first day.

Well while talking to the plank supplier in Sungai Besar, received a very encouranging call from my Sungai Patani BH caretaker.

"Harry just wanted to tell you that the new BH that you have just activated in SP were active with about 10 birds inside. I entered to inspect the humidifiers and sound and found them flying around mainly in the VIP room."

I told him not to disturb the place and let those new young birds get used to the new place. After putting down the phone called the owner to advise the situation and he kept praising his God. He should praise me too !!!

Well I told myself that those sounds and the VIP room are working. Just can't wait to know how many bird shit spots on the floor.

After arranging those nesting planks with the supplier went to visit the working site to ensure those contract workers carry out my instructions. The walls were under constructions and the dark paint coat were done.

After finishing at Sabak proceeded to Tanjung Malim. My contractor from the same town was finishing another BH in Kerling. The top entry hole was my main concerned. Gave the necessary instructions and make my way to Kemaman Trengganu.

Well there was another phone call and this time it was from the Local Council of Sabak Bernam.

"Harry this is Mr.H and I am from the Sabak Bernam local council. The council is arranging for a visit to Balik Papan, Indonesia to view those BHs. We would like to invite you to join the group."

I told him that I would love to be in the tour but I need to see if I can find my about to be expired passport. He will be sending the official invitation and I will decide once receiving the letter.
It was a long journey and I promised a guy there to help in giving him the necessary advise on his maiden BH at one of shop house.

I told him to get the house up before March 31st, 2010. This was the date indicated by the President of swiftlet association Selangor where no more BH will be allowed to be constructed in any town.

The inspection was done and with a number of tips provided I headed home on the following day.

While on the way back to Kuala Lumpur, I have decided to test the use of FH (Force Harvest) on one of the BH under my care.

The owner have for some time pushing me to carry out the FH but it was not ready until now.

The idea is to carry out the FH just before the CNY and since the shop will be out of bound for at least two weeks, I will not be able to enter the BH for some time.

First I need to mark the locations of all the nests. I will harvest all of them and those with babies will be provided with fake nests.

Let see what happen after the two months.

No comments: