Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Half Day Visit To A BH in Sungai Sedili, Johor !!!


A birdhouse that was accidentally build when the local authority refuse to approve a Manufacturing license.

That was the story behind this very huge BH facing the Sedili river.

It was initially constructed to be a factory manufacturing those insulation materials.

After idling for almost two to three years the owner decided to transform the building into a BH.

Tough two to three years after conversion but after attending some seminars and applying some new gadgets and new ideas the number of birds started to increase.

The owner now have at least 700 to 1000 birds inside with about 200 nests.

I was invited to have a look at the BH and make some comments on how to improve and increase the number of birds and their precious nests.

The first thing I realized was the birds nests were mainly inside those rooms just beside the roving area.

My prediction was that the entrance hole was facing the west.  I was damn right.

The owner was fascinated with my prediction.

"How do you know that PaK Harry?"

As usual I gave him my beautiful answer.

They need those morning light to get out of the BH as soon as they can.

Once inside I gave them the list of things that they should do if they wanted those birds to move inside the other rooms further inside.

First thing is to open a new hole about 3' X 2.5' facing the east.

The next was to identify the right room to start with.

Try to split the BH into two separate projects.  They can use two separate sound systems playing different sounds for external and internal sounds

For each BH try to concentrate on one or perhaps two rooms to focus on.  Try not to populate the whole BH.  It is too big to handle.

Try to create a VIP room with at least 150 to 200 new tweeters.

The door to be floor up to the ceiling and there must be at least two external sound tweeters on the door frame and two chandeliers inside the VIP room.

I was taken to the other side of the building and it seem it was a DIY job and it was very bright.

I know for the fact that it you allow someone who have no inkling idea what those birds likes and dislikes the erection will be near to a disaster zone.

They were lucky to have invited me to come over to give my frank opinions.

I tested a few sound and among the many Super208 was the best.

Upon playing the birds got a kind of crazy and cue like school kids taking a bus.

They were pleased with all the recommendations, the new sounds and I hope they will see some good results within the next few weeks.

No comments: