Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ayer Kuning: Four Days And The Results So Far Is Exciting !!!


The Ayer Kuning BH owner was very pleased to see about 25-30 bird shit spots in his recently revamped BH.

I took some time to drive up to Ayer Kuning yesterday to install two cool mist machines that was delivered two days after I put the BH into operation.

The most exciting was to see more than 5 bird shit spots on the ground floor. the lowest and most unusual place of the BH.

Prior to my revamp works there was not a single bird shit spot on any of the floors.

I think he knows very well that those birds have started to enter and a few have stayed as his permanent tenants.

"Pak Harry, I think the revamp works are working and every evening I can see a reasonable number of birds entering both the old and new entrance holes."

What is so special about this BH was that it was situated between the pig shit pond, a big water reservoir and a chicken farm.

I noticed that these swiftlet will travel from the pig farm and the chicken farm on a kind of rotation basis.

They will focus or start with the chicken farm and after that will fly in a group to the pig shit pond. When doing that routine they will be passing the BH in operation.

I am sure there will rotate their food hunting for at least three to four time in the morning and later part in the evening.

At times they will fly to the reservoir to hunt for insects but will also skimmed on the water surface for a sip.

After counting the number of bird shit spots the owner quickly rushed me to a newly build row of shop to check if their are any sign of birds.

I brought along the test gadget and conducted about 20 minutes test call.

There were at least 30 birds responded.

"Pak Harry, what do you think?  Should I buy one of the unit?"

"If you are confident enough why not?  If you are the first I think you have a very good chance.", I told him.

I think after seeing his Ayer Kuning BH progress he now have a higher confident level.

I am sure he will be calling me to renovate the new shop house soon.

Good luck to him and I know now he is a much happier person.

He keep saying that he was very lucky to have met me.

Prior to this his BH was empty for almost 6 months.

This was his story on how he got my contact:-

One day when attending a GAHP (Good Animal Husbandry Practise)  Seminar in Ipoh, I was the last person arrived, he recalled.

There was an empty chair at the back row.  I quietly took the seat beside this old man.

At first we were quiet but after some time we introduce to each other.

I told him about my predicament about an empty BH of mine and this old man asked me to contact you Pak Harry.

He gave your phone number and told me that you are in Bidor revamping a BH there.

I immediately called you and drove to Bidor to meet you.  I never have that guy phone number and how I wish I could say thank you to him.

At first I was very scared to meet you alone.  I brought my wife.

"In case I don't come out within 45 minutes please call the police, I told her."

After viewing your work I think I met the right person.  That was when I invited you to come over to look at my troubled BH.

I am so glad that without any hesitation you took some time to drive up to Ayer Kuning and reviewed my BH condition.

From the report you submitted I know you are a good man and that was why I pushed my partners to allow me to appoint you to revamp our BH.

My partners now are very happy with me and with you.

Now every time they visit the Pig Farm they can see lots of birds playing at the entrance hole.

My comment to him was:

"Mr Chin I am just a passionate swiftlet farmer.  I am nothing and nobody. What I did was to help you with your problems.  If you know about these wild birds I am sure you will be better than me.  Try to look after your BH properly and if you face any problems let me know."

Inside me I feel very good and accomplished. I have done my best with his BH and the success is dependant on the location and the understanding of the wild birds.  You also need to have a good set of sounds.

Good luck to him.
















No comments: