Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Very Clear Signs Of Owl Visited Your BH !!!


What are the signs that your BH being visited by Owl?

I was very fortunate to capture some pictures showing the signs and I would like to share these pictures with you all.

The pictures were taken in a BH located at a place called Kampong Pancing, Kuantan, Pahang.

The owner invited my good self to provide some comments about his two units of BHs on a piece of agricultural land with lots of birds flying all the around a large swiftlet fooding areas.

You can sea those young palm oil trees for as far as your eyes can see.

If you make a 360 degrees vision there will be always a group of swiftlet hunting for food.

I drove more than 3 hours from Kuala Lumpur to the location to reach.

"Pak Harry once you exit the Kuantan toll you will see a T junction with traffic light.  Please take the right turn and please drive for 10 kilometres and we will be waiting for you in a black Harrier."

The moment I saw the black coloured car I flash my light and they lead me into this thick palm oil plantation, about 8 kilometres deep into kampong.

Along the way there were at least 8 BHs and a few were under construction.

Upon reaching the 2.5 acres of land I was surprised to see two BHs about 10 meters apart.

"Pak Harry welcome to Pancing and we have two BHs here. One is in operation while the second unit is yet to be completed."

The first house was put into operation about 1.5 months ago, according to the owner.

The number of bird shit spots on the floor were reasonable more on the 1st floor and little on the lowest floor.

The first thing I did was to inspect the entrance hole positioning and the orientation to the flying path and the morning sun.

On the whole the BH was okay but there were many things that can be improved to get the attention of those wild swiftlet to enter into the house.

My final inspection was the data room.

The sound for both internal and external were a bit unusual.

I recommended them to replace the internal sound with "SuperBabyKing" and the external to "Marvellous Cloud".

Upon installation with proper volume setting those birds seems to be responding well to the sounds.

I can see a big smile on the owners face.

We found a place to have a cup of coffee and wrote about 10 pages of my opinion what they should do to improve their visitors numbers.

Before leaving I was given a short tour on their second BH, not completed yet.

This was where I saw lots of signs showing that there were at least two owl regularly visiting this new BH.

Have a look at the first picture showing a kind of excretion or vomit out of a carcass of a rat.

It seems that the owl will eat their meal by swallowing whole victim.  Once the flesh of their victim they will vomit the bones and skin out of their system.

Their shit are white in colour like those chalk.  Very little black or other coloured materials in their shit.

Have a good look and if you see something like these in your BH, there is a strong chance that your BH have a night visitor.





No comments: