Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Interesting Idea To Be Adopted By A Newbie In Sabah !!!



I happened to meet a BH owner for the second time during my recent trip to Sabah.

He was the first BH owner who came to fetch me at the Kota Kinabalu airport and took me straight to his BH.

After more than 1 hour drive we reached the destination and my visit took about 1 hour plus.

Due to time constrain I advised him that his BH visit report should be ready by the next day.

The very next day he came to collect the report and it was during this session I told him to quickly get something from a friend who recently harvested his BH nests.

He was a bit baffled with my idea but after a lengthy explanation he gave a long smile and knew exactly what I was trying to tell him.

What I asked him to do was to contact another BH owner who just carried out his BH nests harvesting.

What this guy did was to harvest all those matured nests but also removed nearly 90% of those Styrofoam fake nests.

All together he removed almost 300 pieces of them and nearly 50% of it were with saliva markings (swiftlet saliva).

Each of those fake nest coated with saliva is a precious and rare to obtain asset, I told him.

If you can get then and install in you BH it will be able to quickly anchor those new visitors, I assured him.

He quickly called my other friend and tried to negotiate in getting the removed fake nests.

I told him they are worth at least a few ringgit a piece.

If he is reluctant to offer free to clear the precious rubbish just offer him a price.

This was how me managed to get a quick attention of the fake nests owner.

Once you get them in your possession try to sort them out.   Choose those with traces of saliva as the most important while the rest will be you normal fake nest.

Try to plan where to install the saliva coated fake nests at those specific areas where you know those new tenants will enter.  My suggestion was inside his VIP rooms.

Make sure you place the fake nest about 1 to 2 inches away from the internal sound playing tweeters.

You must also install on the nesting plank facing the birds flying path inside the room.

The fake nests should be at the lower part of the nesting plank.

He was so excited and managed to talk to the owner to schedule when to collect the precious fake nests for his new BH.

I will follow up with him to see if the current plan moved as per my idea.

To those who are new in swiftlet farming  the lesson from this article is that try to think of a way to quicklu populate your new BH.

Think of all the ways to get more birds to anchor inside your new BH.

One of the idea mentioned in this article is to use those fake nests that are harvested from a successful BH.

The thicker those leftover saliva on the fake nests the better it will perform in your BH.


No comments: