Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

Will Those Young Birds Return To Build Their Nest With Their Parent ???


(Overlapped nest:  What do you think the cause of this strange phenomena?)


(An example of overlapping nests. Who do you think is the new guy? Thank you to Dat for this picture.)


Just imagine your new BH having very little problem to bring every new bird that was hatched inside your BH.

If you BH is with 50 nests you will generate about 100 young birds during every breeding cycle.

If all these 100 young birds will return home to more or less the same place where they were hatched, you will now have 100 new nests (assuming they bring back their own partner).

How can you lure those young birds to return to the precise location where they were hatched and raised?

Is there any method that can make them wanting to stay beside their parent?

I was inspecting a BH in Denkil a few days back and saw this strange phenomena when two nests were overlapping.

What I meant by overlapping is that there is a new nest on the old nest and a part of the new nest was on the old nest.

I am sorry that I did not take a picture of this strange thing.

I will during my next visit just to prove my point.

The question that came to my head was the following:

Is the new nest belongs to the young bird that was hatched inside the old nest?

If the answer is yes, I think we should think of the best ways to lure those birds back as closed as possible to where they were hatched.

I was installing those fake nests inside the Sungai Rambai BH and something strike me.

Why don't I install two fake nests beside a number of old nests?

If those young birds returned home after they took their first flight out, they will have their own nest (fake nest in this case) to stay or perhaps continue staying beside their parent?

I think there is a very strong chances that they will adopt the fake nest.

Let see if my intuition works.

 (Better to have two fake nests beside the real nest)

(there is a baby inside the real nest)

(I think they will adopt this fake nest)





No comments: