Started my mobilization to site last Wednesday September 4th 2013.
Got my boys to settle down and the next day started the operation.
The older tackled the ground floor reorganizing of the partitioning while the younger was with the external sound tweeters around the Monkey house.
I make sure that the operation went as per my plan.
The monkey house areas were installed with:
a) A hexagonal tweeter.
b) A mini Bazooka
c) 8 pieces of power tweeters (for last tango).
d) two kite tweeters.
e) 8 pole tweeters.
Looks many but I still think that it is not enough.
If there were no residential houses closed to the BH I would have installed a few more power tweeters(4 more), mini bazooka (1 more) and pole tweeters (2 more).
I was trying to be nice and considerate. I hope they appreciate my concerns.
The next task was to reorganize the orientation of so many partitions on each floor.
The previous consultant must have been a person who believed in the idea of having rooms on each floor.
In this particular case he went over the board in putting too many and some rooms were just too small which prevent those birds from making a round turn.
They actually need to fly backward if they wish to fly out of the small room.
(Can swiftlet fly backward?)
My idea is to create at least one VIP room on every floor. The VIP room must be wide and big enough for these birds to make a round turn.
For the top most floor since its entrance hole is very closed to the main entrance door one VIP room will be adequate.
However the middle and the ground floor can have two VIP rooms at the end of the walls.
Once these are done I will look into installing those corner covers to create my special liking cluster tweeters.
Got with me 600 pieces of those cluster corner covers and still inside my Camry boot.
Each VIP room will have at least 20-25 sets of this cluster tweeters.
The ground and middle floor will used a new set of internal sound tweeters while the top most floor will have the recycled tweeters.
There will be two special ideas which I will installed on a trial or research basis.
1) I planned to have the ground and middle floor internal sound tweeters be divided into two groups.
The first set will be using those pink colored wire while the second will be connected to a green colored wire.
My idea is to play two different internal sounds to be played on the two floors.
I have discovered this new amplifier which can play two different sound on a go.
With this new idea I will get myself organized to choose the right sounds for the two lines of tweeters.
2) I wrote about the use of rope as a fake nest. The idea originated from a friend who owned a BH in Dungun Trengganu.
What I did was to soak a piece of plastic rope with super pheromone liquid for three days.
Dry it for one day and apply it onto the nesting planks inside the VIP rooms.
I will show some pictures once installed.
The idea here is to minimize the use of super pheromone.
What we have here is to only wet the rope and dry it. As compared to applying direct to those planks will be heavy usage of the expensive pheromone.
The rope will act as the point to anchor for those birds to erect their nests.
Once the rope are filled with those nests, we can carefully remove it.
By this method we not only reduce our cost but also recycle the use of the rope to another location.
Will tell you all more once I have all my ideas set and installed.