Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rawang BH In A Three Stories Shophouse !!!

(Back View Of Rawang BH)


I was given the invitation to inspect this five years old BH with only about 200 nests.

The owner wanted to know the exact reasons why his nests numbers remains at 200 and not moving.

Well I was glad to accept his invitation and since he was not well verse with English he got his daughter to be the interpreter.

The BH looks okay to me with very little problems found on the floor and the nesting planks.

There was not a single cockroach on the floor and on the ceiling areas.

The BH was also free of any "Tokek" and ants.

So what can be the real issues that cause the BH to have this stagnant number of nest for at least two years.

The best signs was the condition of those nests that was not harvested.

They were splitting and cracking.

In two of the nests there were two young birds that were dead with one of their foot trapped onto the cracked nest.

My biggest suspicion was due to low humidity.

However the owner do have two chicken coop humidifiers but upon checking they were disconnected due to some reasons which the owner have been recommended not to put it on.

The inspection was about 45 minutes and I told the owner his BH might need the followings:

1) He should put more water on all the three floors.
    What I meant by putting more water is to have the humidity higher.
     His best option is to clean up the floor and install a kind of wet floor system.
    Beside the wet floors he need to use a mist maker to keep the humidity at 85%RH plus minus 3%.
    If the chicken coop is noisy to his ears he should opt for those quite mist makers.

2) His internal sound need to be changed and its volume to be a bit higher.
    Currently he is using a kind of unusual sound that I will not recommend to any newbies.
    I did some auto help to change his sound to SuperBabyKing.
    The sound he was using was something like colony sound with no baby sound in it.
    The sound volume was very very low too.
     The best is to use two amplifiers that can be run on 12/12 hours on and off.
     The higher volume to be played at night, 15 minutes before the stoppage of the external sound until         morning.  At about 8:00 am he can change to the lower volume sound.

3)  The external sound was a bit too old and need a new booster.
      What I did was to change his old sound to Selking.
      I push the volume a bit higher during the testing period and the birds responded very well.
      During the later part of my visit I asked him to lower the volume a bit since it was a bit too high and might bring some unpleasant complains.

4) The BH external sounds seems to be focused only at the main entrance hole and the main roving areas.
    There was no external sound inside all his nesting rooms.
    What I did was to recommend the use of chocolate tweeters, two sets, inside his nesting rooms.

5) One very sure observation was the nesting rooms darkness.
     His daughter agreed on my observations.
     I told him that the amount of light inside those rooms that faces the entrance window were a bit on the bright side.
    I pointed out that most of the nests were at the opposite rooms that were not directly facing the main entrance hole.
   He should carry out a kind of partition to block direct light.
   These rooms will be called his VIP rooms.

6) I was happy to know that he did installed a number of fake nests but just three or four.
    I think two were occupied even they were not properly positioned.
    Just imagine if he should follow some tricks like putting more of it and precisely located.
    I drew some sketches for his to refer two and recommended about 50-60 pieces per floor.
    I insisted that they should be located about 1.5"-2" away from those internal sound tweeters.
    If is wanted to see better result please spray those "Super Pheromone".

7) The number of internal sound tweeters were little, like 20 per floors.
     My sincere recommendation to him was to push the number to about 150 per floor.
    Use those cluster installations.

8) Trial Use of the Super Pheromone.
    I wanted to tell him to apply the Super Pheromone is a large scale however I think that it is not fare to force someone to follow.
   What I did was to leave a canister for trial purposes.
  If the birds species responded I wanted him to apply in a larger scale.

This is what you get when you allow me to visit your sick BH.

A full report full of sketches on what to do and also an opportunity to use my latest most effective sounds.

Try me by calling this number 0177551318.

No comments: