Completed the Sungai Rambai BH and now taking a short break for the Malaysia Day weekend.
I was very exited but tired after getting the BH into operation.
The last two days seems to be visited with a large number of swiftlet in the evening.
On the last day checked the sounds in operation and make sure the volume were on the right level.
The two floors, middle and ground, was with this special two sets of tweeters playing two different internal sounds.
The pink colored cable was with babyking while the green was with supermating.
My main intention was to evaluate the effectiveness not only the sound but which sound they preferred.
During my next visit I will check their preferred tweeters and see which one they prefer most.
The next interesting installation was those rope soaked with Super Pheromone liquid.
The key to its success was the right location.
I went around the BH to look at the floor with bird shit markings that are long and not one spot type.
Once located I climbed a ladder to check on the plank condition.
I was attracted to this particular plank with lots of saliva markings.
This might be the best place to install the rope.
Using a number of screws I managed to install the rope above 1.5 inches from the lower lip.
There were above 5 boxes that were installed and hopefully the result will be good.
The next new idea was to install a number of wet floor pool using those blue canvas.
The pool system in similar to those wet floor but without the sand and bird shit.
Each floor was with two pools mainly inside the VIP rooms.
Wet the floor a bit and I am sure for the next few weeks the BH humidity will be high.
The roof top was with a pond.
What I did was to clean the pool removing lots of water fungi and filled up with fresh water.
I was not surprise to see a number of martins and swiftlet skimming above for a sip.
I took a lot of troubles to install about 400 fake nests.
Something extra that I did was to remove the curved corners and create a number of 90* corners.
To make it more attractive I installed those 90* styrofoam fake nests hand made.
My main objective is to attract as many swiftlet was possible within the shortest possible time inside this BH.
All these styrofoam will be a part of my plan.
Once their number reached 300 couples we will moved to the next level of populating the BH.