Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Something Which I Like About Sungai Rambai BH: The Dual Entrances!!!






I remember very well about a number of articles which I wrote about how to choose the right type of entrance hole for your BH.

What I did was to answer a question from someone who wanted to know which type of entrance hole is the best for a specific location.

My answer to him was as follows:

1) The right answer is to use or copy the same type of entrance hole used by your neighbor whose BH is full to the brim.
My reason is very simple.  If your neighbor's BH is full of birds they will become the young birds source of production or generator.  What you need to to harvest them to be your tenant.

To do this your BH design should be as similar as possible to the generator.

Young birds once they flew out out their home, for the first time, will usually get used to the entrance hole type of the BH where they were raised.

If you BH nearby is of different style these young birds might find it hard to enter your BH.

2) What if there are equal number of successful BHs using both the top and side entrance type?

My answer is to use both.

One the side entry and one the top entry type.

Usually a dual entrance BH will score a better rate of nest population increase.

Main reason being those young birds that were generated from the two type of entrance holes will have little difficulties to enter your BH.

This was what I preached and the reason is strait forward.

Your BH with Dual entrance will be able to suit both.

This interesting design was seen at Sungai Rambai.

See my sketch.

I have to confess that this is the first BH with dual entrance hole I ever modified.

It looks good and very much in line with my preaching.

You need to come over and have the first look so that you can copy the same design.

Call me now at 017 7551318.

I will be completing this BH revamp soon and you might miss an opportunity of a lifetime.

No comments: