Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hand Over Of Chenderong Balai Revamped BH !!!!

(The hexagonal and the Bazooka Ready to Go to a War zone)

It was officially completed and handed to it owner on October 2nd 2013.

I thought the heat shield operation will not take more then 10 days for a two floors but I was wrong.

It took my boys almost 13 days to complete the shielding and installation of new walls plus those tweeters.

During my hand over the owner and his dad came to carry out their inspection.

I described to them what we really did during the 13 days of hard work.

1) We changed the configuration of the entrance hole(s).
     The initial design of how the birds enter and make a sharp turn is now mush lesser with sharp bend.
      I reshape the single entrance method to two separate entrance methods.
      The BH now have the top entry straight into the top most floor.
       The second entrance hole is the side entry which was designated for the lower floor.

2) The entrance holes now are with various type of external sound tweeters.
     Each entrance hole now have its own hexagonal tweeters, power tweeters and the pole tweeters.

3) One extra gadget installed was the long range bazooka.
     I decided on this special gadget after observing the strange behaviors of those swiftlet during their flying
     hope.  The tend to fly at a very high altitude and ignore this BH.  The only thing that came to my mind is
     to resort to this long range bazooka.

4) A pool at the top entry area.
    During revamp works the owner wanted my idea about the creation of a water pond.
    I recommended it and he took some trouble to get the canvas to proceed with the installation.
    My workers assisted him to get the canvas laid and filled with water.

5) The external sound tweeters inside lead those birds to the VIP rooms.
     The BH initial design was without the required external sound tweeters.
     Now with the properly installed tweeters any swiftlet that entered the entrance hole will have the urge to
     fly to the back.
     The path into the house and leads to the back are installed with a number of external sound tweeters.
     Each VIP room was with two chocolate tweeters.

6) The number of internal sound tweeters went up from say 100 to more than 250.
     I introduced the use of cluster tweeters.
     Each cluster tweeter will be made of 4 units of 2"x5" Tecnik 305 tweeters.
     To anchor them I used those 45* end cut corner covers.
      From my many experiences this will be their favorite spot to start making their nests.

7) I strongly believed in installing those fake nests.
    For this BH I installed about 300 fake nests.
    These nests will encourage those lazy swiftlet to quickly settle down inside and make a simple nest.
    I told the owner to allow those new tenants to use the fake nests for at least two breeding cycle.
    Once their real nests are large and stick to the nesting planks they need to remove the fake nests.
    I also reminded the owner that the nest should be looked at as a gadget that will encourange those young
    young birds to settle down.
    Once the total number of occupants reaches around 600 or more, all these fake nest can be removed.

8) Two strings soaked with those liquid pheromone were installed inside one of the VIP rooms.
    This new idea if it works well shall be adopted in all new BHs that I carry out my revamp operations.
    The rope used are about the size of your small finger. Each comes in a roll of about 10 meters and made
    of special fibers.
    I used a container to wet the rope.  Once opened from its plastic packing I loosen it and poured about 20
    milliliter of the liquid aroma.
    Once soaked and wet my boys will installed as per my instruction.

9) The BH internal sound playing tweeters were divided into two groups.
     The middle row will be playing the BabyKing while those at the walls/beams will be with the
     SuperBabyKing.
     This new idea came about when I stumbled onto an amplifier with two readers about two months ago.
     The two sounds will make the nesting rooms more attractive since the two sounds are nearly the same
     but each have their own ways to attract those young birds.

10) A number of those nesting planks were cleaned dried and applied with liquid super pheromone.
      A dozen of people called last month to talk to me about how effective the liquid was.
      These calls prompt me to proceed with cleaning some to the selected planks and applied them with the
      pheromone.

11) The external sound selection was very tough,
      Testing many time will all the good sounds but the birds response have be miserable.
      Ran a number of sounds every evening and manage to zoom to SuperVac.
      This seems to be the best with a number of birds stopping by at the entrance hole.
      A few occasions they flew in even while my worker have not finish their daily works.

12) The three VIP rooms were installed with wet floor or this time I called is canvas pool.
       The pools were about 10 feet by 12 feet and about 3 inches deep.
       Using this specially cut canvas and four pieces of 2"x3"x12 feet wood these pool were ready within less
       30 minutes.
       We filled up the pond with tap water.

13) Beside the canvas ponds I installed about four chicken coop humidifiers with covers.
      My main purpose was to make sure that in the even that the room humidity drops to 82%RH
      the humidifiers will put the humidity to the specified range.

14) Two owls traps were make available by the owner.
       The most important was these electric wires around the roof areas and the second was these sharp
       spikes.
       Both were installed and we sincerely hope those owls will stay away from today.

15) The Bh was literally blanket with heat shield.
       The covering was done inside.  A total of 3 rolls were used.  Each roll was about 600 square feet.
       The number of woods 2"x2"x8 feet was about 220 pieces and the number of cement boards was nearly
       200 pieces.
       The BH room temperature now are about 30*C. It used to be above 32.5*C (max).
        The only strange thing about this BH was that the top floor is much cooler as compared to the lower
        floor.
        I am still trying to figure out the reason why?
     

Have a look at the latest pictures taken and hopefully you will learn something new from my effort.

If you have any trouble in getting those birds into your BH please call 017 7551318.

I am here to help and my methods are proven.

The best is the use of Super Pheromone liquid.

It works every where.

Call me please.
























No comments: