Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sedili BH Revamp: The Toughest was to widen the LAL !!!


(The staircase is larger than the LAL)


Among the many things that were very critical I told the owner that his LAL size was the highest on my list.

How do you expect the birds to find the LAL if it is too small and wrongly located?

I was given two choices to enlarge the LAL.

My first option was to remove the staircases.

This option was not accepted by my workers.

Their main concern was something about their safety when hammering the staircase.

It can fall down two floors down if something goes wrong.

The last option was to widen the opening by cutting the floor on the other side of a beam.

This was safer but hard work.

The floor was those poured cement and factory prepared.

They are solid and tough to cut through.

The work to cut them was back breaking but we have done the first part.

I showed the owner and explained to him how big it will be.

He agreed with it and looking forward that those birds will soon start to colonize the lower floors.

No comments: