Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

All Nests Produced Inside This BH Are Not 180* Shape !!!



I was offered to view some old nesting planks harvested from a BH in Penang.

The offer was made by a guy who co-owned a BH in Taiping.

At first I was keen to see how many markings are there on these recyclable planks.

My main intention was to get those with markings only.

During the inspection I only saw one.  How unfortunate.

After inspecting those used nesting planks the owner invited me to view his BH just beside the store room.

Hmm... I told him that I have entered his BH before about 2 years ago.

His wife invited me to view and I remembered there were many rooms on every floor.

Since I was asked to enter I agreed just to look see  only.

He was proud to show me the BH but when I was told on how many nests there were I make the following comments:

"If you BH is almost 5 years, the total number of nests should be around 1600 nests.  If the nests number is 450, I think your BH is facing some internal problems."

Well when I entered the BH I found that nearly all those nests were on the corner woods.

Not a single nest on the straight planks.

I wonder he realized it or not.

After the inspection I make my point clear.

"I think all your nests are 130* shape.  All your nests are erected on those corner woods and from my experience this will give you a grade B or C.  You need to do something to improve those grade to A.
You need to force those birds to erect their nests on those straight planks or cover your corner wood with something slippery".

If nothing is done he will continue with the Grade C harvesting forever.

I elaborated to him about what happened to BHs after crossing their 3 years old of age.

His BH now is 5 years old.

I told him to be careful with "Dry BH syndrome".

This is when his BH is too dry and most baby birds will refuse to return home after their first flight out of his BH.

Gave him some free advises on what to do and I hope he appreciate my small contributions.

His BH was using 5 amplifiers and with different sounds.

Three internal sounds and 2 external sounds.

Well as far as I can hear they seems to be some mixed up of sounds.

This might be due to lack of deep understanding about BH sounds.

I did not make too much comments on this matter.

Have a look at some pictures taken during my visit.














No comments: