The birdshit spots on the floor was plenty and smell very strong.
I remember when I was asked to revamp this BH about 1 year and 7 months ago.
The number of nests was miserable 2 pieces and the owner was desperate.
Now I think the nests numbers have grown to about 120 plus.
In the evening most of those birds who used to pass this BH and crossed to one BH about 50 meters away are now not going home.
The moment they reach this revamped BH they will swerved towards the first window and jump into it.
Those that passed the first LMB will make their move towards the second LMB about 60 feet away at a monkey house.
When you watch them coming home entering while some skip but still entered the second hole you will be smiling to yourself.
The number of birds entering was around 300-400.
I told the BH owner that he need to continue doing additional improvements so that withing the next few months the number will swell up to 1000 birds or more.
Yes we need about 600-700 more birds.
Once we hit the 1000 mark we can start to improvise the next step on how to improve the nests.
Right now most of the nests were on those fake nests installed.
I make some bold moves to increase the number of fake nests on the top most floor.
This was where most of those birds are staying.
What I did was to chose two sections (beam to beam) and increase the number of fake nests by almost 200 new pieces. Now I think the whole BH is with about 600 fake nests.
About one fifth were occupied.
With the super pheromone being sprayed I am hoping to see a jump to about 300 occupants within 3-6 months on those fake nests alone.
Beside the fake nests (I installed personally) I have my workers to add two sets of external sound tweeters at both the LMB.
One additional idea was to install a set of home made bazooka about 3 feet long.
I told the owner where I wanted it to be installed and he gave no objection.
One of the humidifiers were replaced.
Also changed the sound setting for the second LMB.
I brought a 5 liter bottle of Mutiara aroma and I doused the floor and the wall with it.
One very noticeable observation was that there was no sign of owl.
The only predators that were captured were those rats. Quite a number were captured.
The BH floors were cleaned and wet with water.
Also discovered why the second floor was with little occupants.
Main culprit was the sound volumes.
Both the external and internal were with very low volume.
The external sound was totally dead.
Managed to reactivate both and now they are back to normal.
One very sure thing was that this BH have a very strong potential.
Give another 2 years or so it will be generating something like 3-5 kilograms per month.
As long as the BH is well looked after, no sound interruption and not predators it will move there very soon.
This is my gut feeling.