Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Somewhere In Rembau Negri Sembilan !!!

(The entrance hole looks like a side entry but it is a top entry)


The owner of this BH met up with me and purchased my Super Vacuum external sound.

Without any delay he installed at his BH.

Automatically he saw its effectiveness.

However his BH caretaker complained that those new birds that responded could not find the entrance hole.

"Pak Harry last few days in the evening I saw about 15 of them hitting the wall as if they were searching for the entrance hole and after could not find it they simply flew away."

From the way he described I guess it has something to do with the main entrance design.

If you carefully look at this BH you will agree with me that the entrance hole area looks like a monkey house structure however the opening into the monkey house is from the top of it.

To me this is wrong and not the right choice.

Beside the wrong entrance hole design I found something more sinister inside and I think this must be the core reason why those birds are not staying.

I was invited to inspect this BH to find out what can be wrong with this BH.

After taking a short look around the BH the owner opened the door for me to do my due diligent.

I did asked him why did he placed the entrance house at the front and not at the back facing the mountains?

If he have chosen the right side I think he have a much better and more visitors.

First the data room.

As usual all the amplifiers were wrongly set and I will reset them to the level that I know will make those sounds be better off.

During this time I did not discover anything unusual.

After the data room I entered the lowest floor.

So far so good and I was impressed with the way those tweeters were installed.

I also saw those fake nests but all were wrongly installed.  I did asked him who taught him on how to install and he answered the shop owner who sold him the fake nests.

I was also impressed with the external sound installed at the far end of the floor.

"Very good and you do have some sense about swiftlet farming" I told him.

After the lowest floor I requested to be taken up to the monkey house to see what's the wrong things he did up there.

This is where the I thought might be the answer to his misery.

Oh yes there were a couple of things that were not right.

First his top entry system confirmed my prediction.  The elevated walls were about 5 feet high and its roof were left opened.

According to his "consultant" that would be the right thing to do.

The lack of experience and the wrong choice of entrance hole selection is one major factor why he has very little tenants.

To block the bright light from coming into his nesting room (top floor) he erected a wall using asbestos type roof tiles and covered the whole wall facing the door.

He only opened a small hole to attract those birds to enter his BH.

This I think is not the way to go.

Those new couples will have a lot of thinking to do before entering this small hole, I told him.

Well the nesting rooms looks more or less the same with all those failed BHs.

I gave some ideas on what he should do to create at least one VIP room per floor.

After the walls being erected he need to reposition all his internal and external sound tweeters.

I advised him about the important of those fake nests and how to install them.

"Try to install as many as you can" I push to him.

His BH looks very dry and I advised him how to get them wet.

I took a good look at his nesting planks and I think they looks okay.

Well after having a good long walk all over the three floors we came back to his BH data room.

I became very curios on his amplifiers sound playing timing.

I did asked him how come his internal sound was not heard when we entered the BH?

"Oh its on a timer" he answered.

I suspected something unusual when he said that the internal sound was set on a timer.

"You mean you run your internal sound on and off mode?" I asked him.

"Yeah its on a six hours on and off for six hours" he answered.

"What?  You are suppose to run your internal sound on a 24/7 mode and not stoppages brother" you can sense how angry I was.

I quickly check his amplifier timing and yes he was running his three internal sound amplifiers on a 6 hours cycle.

Oh my God.  Why must this thing happened.  Please God please help me to educate these BH owners to be aware of some basic thing about swiftlet farming.

Sorry my friends I really need to pray hard to get my own life going.

I was a bit furious over this issue and I did make a very rude statement to him.

"This could be the reason why your BH is having little progress.  You cannot run your internal sound on 6 hours on and 6 hours off mode.  You action is more like a shock therapy to those birds.  Just imagine when they latched to those tweeters and suddenly those soothing sound suddenly went off?"

"If you are the bird would you stay at the same spot?"  I pushed to him a question.

He was speechless but at the same time happy that I have discovered his error.

I quickly reset the timers to a 24 hours mode and told him to get at least three blower fans to be install on the amplifiers.

Those fans will help to cool down your amplifier and I am sure your amplifier life will be extended.

After a cup of coffee I was taken to see his Vanilla plantation.

A very strange farming but I think it might be good to promote the idea to other BH owners with a lot of empty land around their BHs.

After the visit I promised to sit down and write a short report.

I hope my inspection service will help him with his BH.

I know once the internal sound was properly set he will see more bird shit spots on the floors.

Best of luck to him.














No comments: