Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"BIGFOOT" In Daro, Sarawak !!!



I tried not to believe in this "Bigfoot" things, but cannot turn down when Mr.T, one of my blog reader sent me some pictures.

Mr.T is a BH enthusiast hailed from Daro, Sarawak. I got to know him during the Pulau Kapas Seminar on Advance Swiftlet Farming about six months ago. He came down to KL and together with Mr.Ben and Mr.Victor we drove up from KL to Kuala Trengganu.

That was how I got to know him and I understood from Mr Ben, Mr.T have officially lauched his BH about three months ago.

Last two days he reported the sighting of a 47 inch by 17 inch foot marks in Daro. I did not believed in at first. Today the Borneo Post posted the news. Go to: http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=36789

Borneo Post Write ups:

Villagers have no explanation for giant footprints but businessman says proof is in the pudding


DARO: Villagers here are reeling from the shock of discovering two extra large footprints near the fence of a nearby orchard.

has been spreading like wildfire in Daro district for the past few days and among those drawn to the phenomenon was local businessman Tan Soon Kuang.

(According to Wikipedia, Bigfoot is one of the more famous creatures in cryptozoology, and, like many cryptids around the world, there is a fierce debate as to whether the Bigfoot species exists or not. Cryptozoologist John Willison Green has postulated that Bigfoot is a worldwide phenomenon.)






CLEARED PATH: All ready to receive visitors.


Yesterday, Tan, 42, e-mailed the images of the mysterious creature’s footprints. He said he personally went to the village (which he refused to name out of respect for the wishes of the locals) to check on the truth of the story.

“The truth is in the photographs that I have taken with my camera,” he told The Borneo Post in a telephone interview yesterday.



SHOCKING FIND: Picture shows a group of boys gathering around the right footprint which measures 47 inches by 17 inches.


According to him, each footprint measures 47 inches from heel to toe and 17 inches sideways “clearly too gigantic for any normal human being”.

Asked when and how he went to the village and took the photos, Tan answered: “I went there last Wednesday, June 11 after I heard about the news.

“I drove about five minutes from Daro town to the village. Then, I walked on foot along a footpath for quite a few minutes to the place where I met many villagers who were gathered there.

BIGFOOT TRAIL: A girl points to the two big footprints circled in yellow. The distance between the left footprint (foreground) and right footprint speaks volume of the size of ‘Bigfoot’. — Photos courtesy of Tan Soon Kuang


“Then some villagers pointed to the big footprints. I was shocked to see them and excited as I took those photographs.”

On his conversation with the villagers, he said: “When I asked the villagers the first time they discovered the two big footprints, they told me it was June 9.

“They also told me they now recall that before they came across the footprints, the villagers had, a few months ago felt uncomfortable and sick as if there was something ‘unclean’ in the air.

“They said they decided to look for a ‘bomoh’ (medicine man) who told them to go to an area, dig a small hole, then build a fence around it.

The bomoh further told them to make offerings outside the area fenced.

“And then last Monday morning the villagers saw the two big footprints outside the fenced up area.”

Tan further said: “When I asked the villagers if they were afraid or not they told me some were afraid; other just curious. But all of them apparently believe that the place was ‘unclean’.

“The villagers are now clearing up the footpath leading to the large footprints in anticipation of more people coming to have a look at the footprints.

“The villagers also told me that it was not the first time that they saw such mysterious big footprints in their village. In fact, the first time they saw such big footprints was about 50 years ago.”

Asked if there is any possibility that the footprints were man-made, Tan said it would be a tough act for a person to create such a mark on the hard ground.

Jemoreng assemblyman Abu Seman Jahwie when contacted yesterday said he heard about such discovery somewhere in a village in Daro area.

Asked if thinks it is real, he replied: “Sorry, I can’t say. It could be just rumours. I have not been to the place. I am now in Matu.”

The story has spread to Sibu where Abdul Aziz Pung, who is very familiar with Daro, said he had heard about the footprints from friends and relatives.

“Yes, they said it is true. Initially I laughed it off, but then some of my friends who came down to Sibu town convinced me that they are real. I may be going there soon to see them for myself.”

Meanwhile, a Daro villager who spoke on anonymity, said the villagers stumbled upon the footprints not far from the village that was once attacked by monkeys. This episode was reported by The Borneo Post some months ago.

According to him, many villagers believe that the monkeys had run out of their jungle habitat to escape from ‘Bigfoot’.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

47 in....huh .
That bigfoot must be at least 18 ft tall.
Unless he is agile his left foot must have crashed against the nursery enclosure with his next stride.It must be pretty light for a monster bigfoot and he walks funny too.
Indents in heel and toes points to that.
Perhaps we can call it myfoot!

seeseng said...

In my point of view they're fake. The footprint too shallow for something that heavy, too equel in depth on all the way. Like a stamping mark.

Ben Gan said...

It's not difficult to print the foot print on the hard ground after you have pour some water over it.

How many prints are there? If there's only one, it's not foot print; probably, it is "bullshit".

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

My purpose was to report about the citing and was officially made by borneo post. The person who reported to the Daily is one of my blog reader. If U wish to get more information please call him directly. Please call me for his number.

Pete said...

I was skeptical when I read this report and saw the pictures in the Borneo Post. My first thought was that they are much too perfect in shape. The edges are smooth and each toe is almost of the same depth and shape. It's not hard to picture someone imprinting this as a prank. My second thought (or rather, question) was, why are there only two footprints found? Two footprints barely prove that it was walking.. it could've been just standing there, and then vanished (apparently). Let's get some researchers and scientists out there and see what they have to say.

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I am the one who took the pictures, at first I am shock to see such a huge footprint. Many question like you all - repeat on my minds. Why only 2 footprint? flat, big, perfect shape, landing from the sky etc. etc... FYI the site was close by a local "momos" for 3 days since last Saturday.

I received so many calls... and I don't want to comments further since it is related to something common people or the scientists/ researchers cannot expalain" question remain unexplained" ?????? Beleive it or not you decide.

I just enjoys taking pictures & share with my good friends. One thing for sure, my name Tan Soon Kuang is gaining popular under Google search. Amazing !

Pete said...

Thanks for sharing anyway :)

p/s: i'm not a regular reader of this blog, but stumbled into it while googling 'bigfoot daro'. i'm actually very interested in these kind of subjects so good job to the blog author for putting up this post :)

Unknown said...

hey pete ....
u can get a loadful at cryptozoology.com

Anonymous said...

i'm not saying i dont believe in those 'not real' and 'not logic' life...come on, we live based on logic n science..i do learn forensic n based on the picture it just look like impossible to have the print only on particular site..i m not saying that i dont believe those.. But still logically, at teh medial aspect of the foot should be slightly shallow if compared to the calcaneus part ( heel) parts of the foot. Even at the entire floor of the footprint there must be irregularity even for normal people..yes, i dont know whether the bigfoot has the same fot like we human have but for balance since the bigfoot is too big, it still need the pattern (arch of the foot) for both legs to balance itself.. if it really exist it is the miracle of the God. Even the 1st human in the earth which is Adam and Eve(Hawa) is so big and the 'graphically', they can be imagined as big as they can cross and walk through sri lanka-to india.. The Almighty God.