Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Something I Discovered About White Colored Swiftlet!!!

I was away in Medan yesterday for a one day trip.

AirAsia have a regular flight there. Went in on the first flight out and came back on the the flight in. I was actually on a secret mission but took some opportunity to visit a few Toko BH.

Managed to stop by two Tokos (Shops)and bought a few items home for R&D.

While at the shop met with the operator and have a short discussion.

In her respons, she took out some photos showing some white colored swiftlets.

I was not that impressed since I have seen them before and all the while I thought it occurred only in Indonesia.

What excite me and which I would like to put on this blog (my diary) is her sweet story about white swiftlet.

She claimed that this white colored swiftlet is the "Queen" of all the female swiftlet.

The moment one enter your birdhouse, she will be able to attract many birds into your BH. She became the center of attraction to the males and of course lead a colony (this is according to her, it might not be true).

Your birdhouse, according to her, will stay successful for at least 7 generations.

One weired story she added was that due to curiousity about these white colored bird, someone placed a video camera close to where the birds nest. It was during this observation, the BH owner saw a female figure transformed during one occasion. This was why the white colored swiftlet is called the "Queen". This happenned in a BH located in Tebing Indonesia.

She claimed that there are two more swiftlet houses do have this white Queen. One in Tanjung Pinang Indonesia and the other is in Pahang, Malaysia.

She might be wrong but I just wanted to record this story and perhap share with my blog readers.

I have yet to see a white colored swiftlet and perhaps those who have some relevant stories can add their experiences ......

2 comments:

Ben Gan said...

I have yet to see a white swiftlet.
But I have seen a white magpie. Really, I don't think a white swift is a mystery.

Kenny Lee said...

Dear Harry,

Thanks for the sharing. I use to be alone in my BH with only a torch light. Sometime I fell one kind but choose to ignore it.

Will get my partner to company me next time. If I happen to come across a white one, I will thanks her and inform you..