Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Effective Micro-Organisms Application To Swiftlet Industries !!!


When I was in Kota Bahru, Kelantan, I bought a litre of brownish colored liquid called EM.1.

I bought it from a Swiftlet Farming Equipment Supplier and until today I have not used it.

I kept the bottle for some reasons and I was hoping that one day I might find some answers.

Last few weeks I stumbled onto some friends who keep talking about EM. According to both the persons EM is good for this and good for that.

Hmm ..... I begin to wonder how true is this fascinating products and how the product can be applied to swiftlet farming industries.

I started googling and the more you read the more you get the interesting information about EM.

The best websites found on EM are the followings:







I was quite surprised on the the entry of EM into Malaysia in 1990 and how it was facing difficulties in the beginning. Now the product is well accepted and widely used in most of the animal husbandry practices.

The issue here is how can this product be used to improve the swiftlet farming industries in Malaysia?

I spoke to a few friends and I am very sure that if this product have been useful to Cattle Farming, Worm Farming, Fish Farming, Chicken Farming, Prawn Farming, Pig Farming, Rice Cultivation and many others, it can do something to swiftlet farming.


One of my blog reader who been blabbing about this recently applied the EM into his BH in Mah Sing. He said that he applied to the internal walls and claimed that the cement smell were immediately gone.

He then pour some into the small pond in the entrance area. On the perimeter of his BH entrance hole he placed a number of those mists nozzles. He pump the water direct from the pond to those nozzles on some pre timed timer.

I did some observations and I was very sure that those birds do love to play in those water mists.

Some do enter the new house.

What I am wishing is to know that this EM is good for our swiftlet farming industries and if some NGOs or those higher institution or the Veterinar department can conduct some tests it will be good for the industry.

For me I will monitor the outcome of the Mah Sing BH where my blog reader is applying the EM (Effective Micro Organisms).

No comments: