Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Proper Usage Of Birdcall Gadget !!!

"Pak Harry, I would like to buy from you a set of the bird call gadget. Can you be kind enough to let me know how to Operate the gadget?"

That was the plead from one of my blog reader from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

His short name is Mr.C. He owned a piece of land in Sabah and wanted to check whether there are any AF flying above his land.

I told him, the best he could do is to come down to KL and let me show how the gadget works.

On Friday he came down and we met at one of the 4 stars hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

I came for a breakfast and immediately after breakfast we went to Rawang, about 20 kilometers away up north.

I brought along one of the brand new gadget ready with the Duress sound.

We were lucky. When we reached Rawang Country home, I stop by a BH belonging to a good friend and under renovation. I quickly entered the BH and told those workers that I am a good friend of the owner.

Took my Sabah friend and have a good look at the renovation in progress.

After making some observations, we choose a corner where we can start operating the gadget.

I told him that the best thing to do is to move about 100 meters away from those buildings.

Parked at a corner of the road and showed him how to start the unit.

Before switching the Duress sound I told him to look at the sky above the car. Yes there were not a single birds flying above it.

The we started the sound. Less then 20 seconds those birds started to show up.

I told him to play for at least 20 minutes and make sure the car engine was on.

Started my job to ask him to start counting. He seem to be vary fascinated with the sudden surge in the number of AF coming over. Within less then 5 minutes there were about 100 birds.

While the number keep increasing, I told him to be as observant was possible. Check the bird's size, the flying direction, their number, which direction the were coming from and so on.

I show him how to pull the birds to fly low.

After about 20 minutes I told him to watch what happen when the sound is totally off.

He was so fascinated with the new adventure and he gives his thumb up for all the effort done by me.

I told him, that was the best way to show him how to operate the gadget.

On the way back stop at the R&R Sungai Buloh. We have some good discussion and I am sure he learn a lot from the visit.

He took the unit and the same evening he was on the way back towards Sandakan Sabah.

God bless him

No comments: