Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Very Interesting Visit Report That I made For A Blog Reader !!!

"Pak Harry, please visit this land in Nibong Tebal and make a full report on what do you think about the land."

This was what one of my blog readers asked me to do a week ago. Since I was accompanying my Dear wife back home, I told him that yes I will be very happy to take the challenge.

The land was beside the Kerian River and in between Nibong Tebal and Pekaka Town.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=5.15287,100.500323&spn=0.003751,0.006845&t=h&z=18&lci=com.panoramio.all

I went there in the afternoon and got to finished by 7.oopm due to dinner date with my in laws. I really wished that I could stay until 8.00pm (this is my normal way of being very detail).

It was very hot, humid and lots of flies.

After the long hot day, I managed to put together the report as per my client's requests.

A very exciting task and of course preparing the report was another interesting experiences. Managed to get those Google maps linked to the report.

I locked my observations minute by minute. By 6.30 pm I got lost. There were simply too many birds flying around to keep counting. They were everywhere and before your finish counting there will be new one replacing those who have flew home.

This is a part of my 6 pages report:

i) At 2.30pm conducted the first bird call test. Before that there were at least 10 birds flying around and above the land. Once the “Duress” sound was played the number of birds responded were about 60 to 80. A reasonable number since it was on a very hot and humid afternoon.

ii) At 3.30 pm went for a birdhouse count in Pekaka town. The number of Birdhouses was about 10 units. Most were using the dog kennel entrance holes type.

iii) At around 4.00pm went to new bridge to observe any activities at the waste water treatment areas. There were a few but not encouraging. It might be too early.

iv) Came back to the land to make closer observation on the flight path between 5.00pm till evening.


a. 5.25 pm: 5 birds flew towards Pekaka town and crosses directly above the prospective land.
b. 5.30 pm: 2 more flew towards Pekaka town.
c. 5.36 pm: 4 more flew towards Pekaka town.
d. 5.37 pm: 2 more toward Pekaka town.
e. 5.38 pm: 6 birds moving towards Nibol Tebal town.
f. 5.40 pm: 10 birds moving towards Nibol Tebal town.
g. 5.41 pm: 5 birds towards Nibol Tebal town.
h. 5.42 pm: 7 birds towards Pekaka town.
i. 5.43 pm: 2 birds towards Nibol Tebal town.
j. 5.44 pm: 2 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
k. 5.45 pm: 3 birds towards Nibol Tebal Town.
l. 5.56 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
m. 5.47 pm: 7 birds towards Nibong Tebal town.
n. 5.48 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town
o. 5.49 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
p. 5.50 pm: 4 birds toward Pekaka Town.
q. 5.51 pm: 4 birds toward Pekaka Town.
r. 5.52 pm: 4 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
s. 5.53 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
t. 5.54 pm: 7 birds towards Pekaka Town.
u. 5.55 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal town.
v. 5.56 pm: 7 birds towards Pekaka Town
w. 5.57 pm: 5 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town
x. 5.58 pm: 8 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
y. 5.59 pm: 7 birds towards Nibong Tebal Town.
z. 6.00 pm: Conducted one more birdcall test. The total estimated number of birds responded was more then 200 birds.


aa. 6.15 pm: Stop the call and observe their flying path. 40% towards Pekaka Town and 60% towards Nibong Tebal Town.

bb. 6.15 pm: The number swelled to 15 birds moving towards both the Pekaka and Nibong Tebal Town.

cc. 6.16 pm: 10 birds towards both directions.
dd. 6.17: pm: 8 birds towards Nibong Tebal town.
ee. 6.18 pm: 9 birds flying in rows towards Nibong Tebal.


ff. 6.19 pm: Saw a flock of about 20 birds flying above a tree beside those streams. Stroll to the location and from there can see the stream of AF taking the path back home to the roosting house.

gg. 6.20 pm: The number seems to swell to more then 25 and difficult to determine how many are going and adding at the gathering point. There must be some flying termites around the stream.

hh. 6.21 pm: More then 35 birds flying all over and loose count.
ii. 6.25 pm : More then 50 birds were were flying all over the place.
jj. 6.26pm: More then 50 birds flying all over the place.
kk. 6.27 pm: Similar numbers, 50 above birds, were all over the place.
ll. 6.28 pm: Similar numbers, 50 above birds, were all over the place.
mm. 6.29 pm: Similar numbers, 50 above birds, were all over the place.
nn. 6.30 pm: Similar numbers, 50 above birds, were all over the place.
oo. Up to 7.00 pm: The number was encouraging ranging from 60 to 50 every minute.
pp. 7.01: Decided to pack and rush home for dinner with in laws.

v) Left the location at about 7.01 pm back to Sungai Patani for Dinner.



You might think that I am the craziest guy in town but trust me this is the kind of things you should do before making that big decision to dump in at least 250,000 (a quater of a million ringgit) into your land.

I reported to the person who engaged me that the land was fantastic and he was looking forward for my visit report. I told him that he have a gold mine in store if he proceed with the swiftlet farming project. Again my report will not give a 100% guarantees that they will behave as what all of us expected. Main idea is to reduce the risk of being a failure.

I am sure all my blog readers will now understand what I have been saying. Never take things for granted. There is no such thing as "I dont care and let us built the BH". Make some research yourself for your own sake.

If you have any doubts let me know. I might save a lot of your hard earn monies.

Call Harry at 017 755 1318.

Note: The above report can be purchased for a small fee for your personal reference and evaluation about site testing.

No comments: