Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Every New BH Have Its Own Challenges !!!



I took a trip to Kuantan, Pahang during the weekend and visited two BHs that I have their keys with me.

Before reaching Kuantan I stopped at the first BH located about 10 kilometres away at Gambang.

The owner's brother was there to greet me and wanted to learn a bit more about what I was going to do.

His complain was the followings:

"Pak Harry, after your revamping operation the number of birds now jumped up to more than 100 -150 birds every evening.  They will start to rush in at about 7:15 pm upwards and in a group of 4-5 birds.  What I don't understand was the nests counts.  They seems to be stagnant. What can we do to improve?"

What I replied to him was as follows:

"We have solved the first issue but we need to find some ways to improve the nests count."

This BH was put into operation about 2.5 years ago and during the first one year there well less than 8 nests inside.

The owner call for help and I managed to make some changes inside by improving the nesting planks arrangements, create a few VIP rooms, installed more internal sound tweeters, install soundless humidifiers, improve the roof area around the top entry hole and added a few hexagonal tweeters.

The walls were applied with Mutiara aroma and installed a sizeable numbers of fake nests.

The sound used were the best sound in my collection.

The moment the BH was put back into operation those birds seems to like what I did.

They came and stays however they have yet to start building their nests.

During this visit I was able to ask the guy to spray those Mutiara Aroma on the key areas and told him to come and spray it on a regular basis.

I prepared an area with those containers soaked with those formula.

After finishing a few jobs we adjourned and decided to come back at around 7:00 pm to see what will be those birds reactions.

At around 7:15 pm onwards I was very impressed with the activities above and around the rooftop.

It seems that all those works that we did inside was producing a very high number of birds that will stop from flying further away but to jump into the top opening.

From my observation the number of birds that came to join the activity was more than our neighbour's BH just beside us.

My rough estimate was that the number was about 150-200 birds that flew inside and I have a strong feeling that the love the aroma and the new sound.

"You see Pak Harry you have improve the number of birds coming in to stay but ......"

I told him to continue applying those aroma once a week and make sure the humidifiers inside works perfectly.

I will drop by next month and check its progress.

Let see if we can do something interesting during my next visit.

I was thinking of using this BH as my research centre to run those external sounds (two sounds) on a continuous basis (24 hours).

The performance of this BH looks very promising and if I can install the new idea more birds will stay and eventually there will be more nests.

The second BH was the one that was burglarized about two months ago.

I have advised the owner on the possible precautions but unfortunately they did nothing on the advise.

The best thing that happened now was the nests were back and the number was much more by almost 25% up.

They seems to prefer those fake nests made of silicone and those sponges.

I was impressed with it however those burglars will come in again and all will be wasted.

I need to remind the owner and see if they can allocate some fund to install those burglar detection system.

After applying those aroma I came back home.


No comments: