Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

It Was Due to The Sound Volume !!!


If you have the chance to visit BHs you should try to be observant.

Observant simply means to look out for any new things that will provide you with new ideas on how to get more birds staying in your BH or any BH.

This was what I did when I entered a BH.

I will tell myself see if there is or are new things that were used inside and attract more birds to where they were installed.

Last week when I was in Sabah, I was allowed to visit not less than 5 BHs.

Most of them were sick and new but there was a BH that was doing rather pretty well.

This special BH belongs to a friend who happened to have met me prior to coming out with the BH.

He was very lucky that I responded to his request and I managed to look at the BH design.

Told his to do some modifications to the plans and advise him which direction the entrance hole should be facing.

During construction I was there twice to view its progress.

I was also there when the BH was installed with those nesting planks and tweeters.

The owner was a bit carried away and he came out with many new things that I told him to go ahead.

One of those things that he created himself was this corner fake nests made of styrofoam.

After putting his BH into operation using my sound system plus my selected sounds the BH went pretty well.

During my recent visit I was very happy to see a sizeable number of bird shit spots all over the floors except the lowest floor.

Beside that there was something that he did not noticed.

I took him to the front VIP room on the middle floor with a lot of fresh looking bird shit spots and later pull him to the VIP rooms at the back with quite a bit of bird shit spots however most of them looks like dried up.

I asked him why did that happened?

He was speechless and could not find any answers to my question.

When you see those bird shit spots on the floor like crumbling with no fresh shit on the top you know that those birds have moved to another location.

I gave him a simple clue.  "Can you listen to the internal sound volume?"

I now asked him to walk to the front room and listen to the sound volume and after that return the the back room and listen to sound again.

"Any different?" I asked him.

"Yes Pak Harry the sound volume at the front room was much louder than the sound played at the back room." his answer.

"You mean to say that those birds will move to the louder sounded tweeters?" he asked.

"That is correct."   my frank answer.

He never realized how those birds can be easily moved from one room to the other all because of the volume.

At least that particular visit teaches him something new which will eventually help him to manage his BH in a more proper way.












The other problem about drawing more birds to the lower floor was arrested as well.

No comments: