Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The 1GP Swiftlet Farming Is Actually A Copy & Paste From A Chicken Breeding Booklet !!!




When you meet with so many swiftlet enthusiast you find that on certain occasions they seems to talk about something strange and similar to one another.

This was what happened during my recent meetings with some high level Executives who both drove Mercedes Benz cars.

The first person told me precisely about a few weeks ago that the 1GP swiftlet guidelines was actually copied from those guidelines used to raise chicken.

His main focus was on certain pages that was not meant for swiftlet farming.

Good example was the handling and transportation of baby birds.

The second was the recommended food for baby birds.

This first guy followed what was recommended in the guideline and all his baby birds died.

He was so furious and wanted to slap the person who put the guidelines up.

I just laugh out loud and forget about the issue.

Then I met a second person a few days back.

He seems to be a bird expert.

While having a cup of coffee with him he open up and start talking about 1GP.

He was well versed about all birds especially chicken and swiftlet.

His knowledge about chicken breeding and all the guidelines on how to breed chicken is like a bible or koran in his brain.

His comment about 1GP makes me pretty scared and concerned.

"Pak Harry 1GP is actually or more or less a copy and paste of chicken breeding guidelines.  If I was given the right to review the 1GP guideline I will ask the person who compiled the guidelines to redo the whole thing.  There's no need to even review page by page.  They are not proper and no good for the swiftlet industry."

He might be joking but from his expression I don't think so. I don't think a cup of coffee will make someone high !!!

I was a bit shocked that this person says the same thing as what the first person I met a few short weeks ago.

Hey how come both are saying the same thing?

Both were with the agricultural ministries (one ex) and to say such thing they must have some weight in making a similar comment.

I do not wish to humiliate the idea of having swiftlet farming guidelines but don't you think if it is true that they are for chicken breeding it is worth to review or rewrite the 1GP?

Why must it be pushed to get the cabinet approval when many knows that it was a copy and paste for chicken?

Now I begin to wonder who is this person who wanted to push something that is not right.

Hmmm.....hmmm.....


Note: I am not an expert in 1GP and the above article is just my thought after talking to two different persons on the same subject matter.  I have no intention to humiliate any party or parties associated with this article but just something that every layman to know something strange.

No comments: