Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Another Critically ill BH In Meru Port Klang, Selangor !!!


(Hot sunlight hitting the main wall. Look at the number of those ventilation holes)

 My visit to Meru BH was accompanied by University Professor.

I wanted his company just to share my feeling about how serious are we with sick BHs all over the Country.

I picked him up somewhere in Serdang and he guided me to reach Meru on time.

The owner was waiting for us and the moment we met each other he directed to his ailing BH.

His main complain was that after more than two years there was not a single nest.

There were a couple of birds staying but those who stayed refuse to build their nest.

His next complain was that he got another two units with the same design and is facing the same problem with not a single nest.

I took sometime to view the BH external design and build up.

The building was about 20 feet wide, 60 feet long and each floor was about 7 feet high.

It uses a side entry facing south east.

No hexagonal tweeter on it roof and only one external sound tweeter at the entrance hole.

The entrance hole was a bit too small.

The roof extension about the entrance hole was at least 2.5 feet outward.

There were too many ventilation holes.  You are looking at one ventilation hole per foot.

On the middle floor the owner installed an exhaust fan.

The moment you entered the BH you can feel the high temperature.

The floors were bright and you can view all the walls if you stand anywhere on each floor.

The main entrance area was without any partition to prevent those bright light polluting the entire floor.

The LAL was very far from the main entrance area.

The moment you touched those walls you can feel the heat burning your palm.

Took my laser temperature sensor.

The wall facing the west was at 40.1*C.

The ceiling was 36.8*C and wall facing the north was 36.4*C.

I was shaking my head and completely with that miserable feeling that if I were those birds I too will run away.

The room temperature was way too high above 30*C and how do you expect those swiftlet to stay?

Those birds who stayed will not be foolish enough to erect their nest.

The internal sound tweeters were not properly installed.

A number of those ventilation holes PVC pipes were left without any extended pipe.

The exhaust fan was without any cover to block those light.

The BH was more like a sauna.

I shared my finding with the owner and the Proffesor.

I keep stressing to both of them that this is a typical kind of BHs erected by many BH owners in Malaysia.

If we ignored and keep them doing the same mistakes we are just not doing our part to educate them.

There will be more people who will blindly do the same thing and it will be a shear waste of their hard earned money.

Let us try to educate all of them and hopefully there will be less BH that failed.

Those who are new and stumbled onto this blog, please help me by calling this number 017 7551318.

Let me help you not to repeat this BH owner bad mistakes.

After the visit I sat down to write my report with all the necessary sketches for him to repair his BH.

I told the owner that I will be available any time if he needed any kind of clarification.

Call me and I promise to answer. I told him.

The Professor agreed with me and he repeated his confession that he was very lucky to have met me.

He begin to feel more desperate on how to help these poor guys who built their BH blindly.

"Pak Harry I think I am beginning to understand more about your confession to me about how critical is these failed BH problems.  They are pretty serious and what you are doing now is something special.  I would say that it is very rare for any one who are willing to help those who failed in getting birds into their BHs."

I told him that this is my passion and I am just doing a very small part to the industry.



(Exhaust fan without any cover to prevent light polluting the nesting room)





  



No comments: