Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Utusan Malaysia Article On My Recent Seminar At UCTC !!!



Yesterday's Utusan Malaysia Newspaper carried an article about Agriculture University sharing of BH rehabilitation program.

I was informed via SMS from the University Prof.

"Pak Harry, Please read Utusan Malaysia one page on Walit and your blog & photos."

I hurried to get a copy of the newspaper and managed to locate the article.

I was very surprised with the two pictures on the page.  My handsome face again on another newspaper.

Read the article written by the reporter and glad that I can be of service to the swiftlet industry.

My objective to be Smart Partner with UPM is more with my wish to help UPM to generate more expertise in BH rehabilitation.

I know if I work as an individual the impact to reduce the failure rate will be very little.

If I can work closely with a kind of authorities such as UPM it will help more people in the country.

Read this example:

During the recent Seminar, I interviewed a BH owner from Pekan, Pahang.

He related to me how difficult it was to gather information and advices from the Pahang state Jabatan Veterina.

"You know what Pak Harry, no one in the state Jabatan Veterina can help me with my investment.  I got to travel to Kuala Trengganu to find someone there who was a bit helpful but not good enough."

What do you mean by not good enough?

"The amount of knowledge they have was too limited and not adequate to allow me to make proper decision. I did not realized the important of swiftlet flying path and the sun direction plays on a BH. The room brightness was never mentioned to me and only now I learned from you."

What UPM should do is to carry out some sort of full training of all those officers manning state Veterinar office to be more swiftlet friendly.

My commitment was to help them with everything that I could to improve their skill so that swiftlet industry will be on a better platform in the near future.

Most BH owners in Malaysia have very little regards to Jabatan Veterina and I hope something is done to improve their image.

Just imagine ten years from now they are still in the same state?

It will be a kind of "laughing stock"every time a person ask about Jabatan Veterina ability to offer some help.

This have to change and someone have to help them to improve their skill.

I believed this is where UPM come into play.

I will be always back them to ensure that this Dream of mine comes true.

Yes we need to do something in a larger scale.






No comments: