Saturday, June 15, 2013
Salak Tinggi BH Will Have A Few New Ideas !!!
One thing that I love to do during any revamping or conversion of BHs is to install some new ideas which once proven can be shared with others.
The current conversion of a shop house into BH at Salak Tinggi has some new ideas that I would like to share with all of you.
This shop house/BH is situated or should I say sandwiched between two successful BHs.
The one on the right is with about 200 nests and the left about the same number.
Not far away , about two doors away on the left and the right hand side there are two more BHs doing well too.
The one on the right is with about 500 nests (estimated) and the one on the left is with about 100 nests (estimated too).
So you have a total of about 1000 nests or about 2000 birds flying back home every evening.
If I can lure at least 10% of the total, I should be able to populated this new BH with about 100 nests in no time.
What if I can lure 20% or maybe 50% of the 2000 birds ?
Hmm ..... what if we focus on those young birds which will be generated during every breeding cycle?
Three times a year that will be 6000 young birds every 12 months.
The potential is huge and possible.
All I need is to pull as many birds into the entrance hole and pull them to the back rooms (VIP rooms).
Once they entered I need to provide them with everything that I know that will force them to stay.
1) They love to stay on those internal sound tweeters. I provide them at least 300 tweeters a floor.
2) They love to build their nest on those fake nests. I have a couple of hundred waiting to receive them.
3) The love to stay in dark places. The partition prepared block direct sunlight from entering the VIP room. The top floor is with not only VIP room but also VVIP room.
4) They love internal sound that have lots of baby sounds plus mating calls. This is where I have specially prepared a mating combined with those baby sounds.
5) They love to feel at home with those rotting bird shit on the floor. I have more than 15 bags of fresh bird shit specially brought in from Gambang Pahang.
6) They love to be inside a cool and wet room. The BH was specially installed with Bubble sheet heat shield product plus a number of mist makers. There are two wet floors created plus a water fall.
7) They might love to eat some small insects. I am sure it will be provided.
What more can be added to make them love this BH more than their own home beside this new BH?
I have something new that I wanted to try.
What I love to try inside this BH is some steel bars that I recently ordered from a machine shop about 5 units away.
I remember visiting a BH in Setiawan Perak that mesmerized me.
During one of my visit inside this BH I realized something strange on the way a line of bird shit spots on the floor.
There was not a single tweeter or fake nests installed above every bird shit spot.
What attracted those birds were those steel angle used to anchor the nesting planks with the cement ceiling.
The steel angles looks old and covered with oxide.
The oxide layer or the cold metal surfaces must have attracted those swiftlet to erect their nests on these angle bars.
So for this particular BH I planned to install about 160 pieces of this special steel bar with a layer of oxide on the surface.
The oxide layer shall be from the reaction with salt water.
Let see if this crude idea works.
Will report if it works.