It was a kind of a big excitement when we finally completed the final works inside the Salak Tinggi BH.
There were a few visitors that I invited to view the two floors.
A group of students and their Lecturer came to view the BH.
I gave two of the students to carry out a kind of research inside this BH.
One was on the effectiveness of fake nests and the other was about what force harvest.
The two came to install a number of fake nests yesterday and today.
The final touches that were carried out before shut down were:
1) Installation of those spikes on the main entrance window frame. This is where those owl will perch before entering the BH.
2) Applied a specially made black paint on the perimeter of the main entrance window.
3) Excess paint was applied on two walls just below the LAL hole.
4) The air ventilation holes that was allowing some light into the VIP room were covered with those black colored plastic mat.
5) Installed a new set of padlock on the two doors.
6) Installed 6 additional internal sound tweeters at one of the roving areas.
7) Applied Fendona insecticide inside the BH.
8) Activated another container of insect generating powder.
9) Wet the VIP rooms floors.
10) Top up water inside the wet floor pools.
11) Set the sound volume for internal sound. Main objective was to pull those birds to the lower floor.
12) Play the best external sound that can draw as many birds as possible into the roving room.
13) Log in the days activities inside a log book specially opened for this BH.
Let us hope within the next six months we will have the proper result.
My hope is to see at least 100 bird shit spots on the floor. Ready made nests with babies about 50-60 and about 50-60 more new nests about to be with fresh eggs.
Who know we might have 100 nests within 6 months.