Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Teluk Kalong Sea Water Story !!!

 (The Teluk Kalong BH is showing regular visitors on its rooftop)

While inspecting a sick BH at Kemaman Trengganu, I rushed up to view the Teluk Kalong BH which was last visited about 3 weeks ago.

I remember installing some small gadget to bring more birds to the BH rooftop.

The sound was loud and the number of birds on the rooftop were more like constantly with birds.

The owner allowed me to view inside and I was pleased with the number of birds inside the BH.

The number of fresh bird shit spots on the floor seems to be on the rise.

The only thing that I was not pleased about was that the owner have yet to get those walls or partitions up to my sketch provided.

He claimed that his contractor is busy and cannot start work.

He also claimed that those horn-bill birds were trying to capture his tenant from the air.  There were a few dead swiftlet on the floor with serious body injuries.

I told him that I will be revamping the Kemaman BH and I would like to get his BH repaired during the time when my workers are at site.

While visiting his BH I decided to collect those sea water for my fake nests made of steel bars.

I cleaned two water bottles in my car and went down to the sea water edge and filled the two bottles with salt water.

This salt water will be used to get the metal fake nest rusted.

If this idea works I will now used the "Teluk Kalong fake nest" or "TK" as my future reference to fake nests made of steel bars.

Have a good look at some pictures taken after installing those TK fake nests at Salak Tinggi.

Sprayed with the sea water and I am sure it be rusty within a few days from today.

Will update the status on a regular basis.

This new idea if successful in bringing more bird inside your BH should not be missed by every new BH owners.

The idea is to install on a temporary basis.

Once those wild birds erect their nest on the TK we can remove them one by one.

My suggestion is to move the TK to another location inside the same BH.


(Those black colored faked nests are steel bar about 2.5"X1")

(Installed in a straight line)

  
(Countersunk and held by two screws)

(Placed it at the lower part of the nesting plank)

(Spray with Teluk Kalong salt water to get a layer of oxide on it)

No comments: