Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Segamat BH Progressing Well !!!

The Segamat BH seems to be moving well and the best signs was that the fake nests are beginning to show lots of occupants.

I remembered finishing all revamp works in September 2014 and today the number of nests are getting better and more fake nests are taken up.

I was also pleased with the external sounds played (two sounds).

Those wild birds were still responding to the sound and I advise the owner to keep using the two sounds for a few more months.



Recently the owner claimed that he harvested about 1 kilogram of nests and left some of those with babies and eggs.

I am pretty sure the house will perform better as compared to prior to my intervention.

During my revamp works I focus my attention to the sound system plus the installation of more internal sound tweeters plus plenty of fake nests.

My prediction was that once any new couples entered they will surely race for those fake nests.

These fake nests helps these young couples to quick start their nests building.

Once they lay their first egg the couple will belong to this BH until they die.

As at yesterday, after just 3.5 months, this prediction was beginning to show signs.

"Pak Harry, I can see more new nests on those fake nests you installed." he said.

I told the owner to allow these young couples to use the fake nests only for two cycles.

Once they have completed the two cycles I wanted the nests to be remove together with the fake nests.

What I wanted these birds to do now is to start building their nest on the nesting planks and no longer on those fake nests.

Remember they are already yours once they have laid the first egg.

Now will be the time to push or force them to give you the nest quality of your choice.

I would advise that those 90* corners be covered with perhaps stainless steel plate.

Have a look at these drawings that I have drawn.

Follow my little advice and I am very sure that you will begin to see better quality nests once the fake nests are removed.



No comments: