Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2008

Been Exciting From 10.00 am till 8.00pm !!!

As mentioned earlier, I was given the task to play host for Mr Felipe of The Phillipine.

He is a Senior person with lots of knowledge in the marketing of Fertilizer in The Phillipine. He was here on two missions:

1) to get 10,000 MTons of fertilizer from Petronas and

2) to learn more about swiftlet farming.

Well, well, well. He seem to do more then meeting me and Petronas. He attended Dr Chris Lim workshop at Holiday Villa during the week end.

After that workshop, he wanted more real actions, he said. He wanted to really see the bird houses around Kuala Lumpur both externally and internally.

That was why I was so usefull to him.

First thing in the morning, I took him to a wholesale shop along Jalan Kucing and there he was treated like a Chinese tourist. Taken to a corridor where a fake cave was made with birdnests glued onto to it and later the processing technique.

At the showroom we were made to see a short video clips on the history of swiftlet in Malaysia.

He bought a packet of those processed cave nests, redish, at about RM 1700 per 150 grams. The nests was said to be about 3 years old in the cave thus having the right minerals that will make him younger (according to Connie the sales girl).

Once done we pushed towards Rawang Country Home. There we conducted our mesmerising birdcall test using the four tweeters gadget with DURESS sound. There were many birds that came overhead, as usual, and he was very impressed with the unit. Nearly wanted to buy one of the abandoned shop house.

We proceeded to Bantang Berjuntai and I took him to snap some photos at those three BHs that are doing pretty well. He was impressed and happy looking at those dog kennel entrance designs.

We make a short stop at Sungai Rambai Swiftlet City and make out way to Sungai Besar. I managed to get hold of Mr Chia and took the apportunity to let my visitor to enter Chia's BH. He is doing fined with a few new nests and lots of droppings.

I took some effort to evaluate Chia's BH and told him a few steps that he need to to. He will be waiting for my call to drop in KL to pick up all those that I wnated him to install in his BH.

On the way back to Sungai Rambai, we stopped at Sekinchan BHs facing those padi fields. There were a few new ones and I took Mr F into one of the uncomplete unit. He was so facinated that we nearly miss the sungai rambai swiftlet city visit.

Managed to be at swiftlet city and the caretaker opened the gate for us to enter. It was all dark inside but a few lights were opened just for us to observe those birds flying around plus their nests.

After finishing the visit we proceeded to Bantang Berjuntai one more time. This time we did what we have been planning before. To blast the DURESS and watch what happen?

Nearly all those birds were moved out of their BH and circled overhead for a couple of minutes. There were about 2,000 of them and deep in my mine, I come to the conclusion that this DURESS can not only check how many birds are available in an area but also can be use to check how many there are in all those BHs in that area.

Marvellous idea which I never have thought before.

After that we make our way back to Kuala Lumpur and MrF now gave me a very big task. He wanted a few of those ARA fruits. He read so much about it from my blog and he wanted to take some home. The time was very late and it was getting pretty dark. I took my torchlight and went across some of those trees for him. Unluckily there were no ripe fruits so I told him nothing to take home.

On the way back I remember there was a tree along Jalan Ipoh. So I proceeded to that tree and managed to collect a few. There were so many ripe fruits but they smell bad.

Overall the trip was very wonderfull. Mr.F was very happy and he wanted to do more if he have the time....

Bye bye MrF and I hope you have a good trip home .....

2 comments:

K L said...

Hi, Harry,

Can u give me d address of Jln Kuching shop which I would like to pay a visit too ?

TQ

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Yong,

The Jln Kuching wholesale shop is at Taman Wahyu. The address is at 101-105, jln sibu, Taman Wahyu, Batu Cave. tel no 03 62584688

Have a pleasent visit.