Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Ideas And New Friends !!!

The GAHP Seminar in Melaka is a new milestone to my involvement in Swiftlet Farming in Malaysia. This time the itinery have my name and the Topic that I wanted to deliver. What an achievement.

From just being just a blog writer, now becoming a speaker together with Jabatan Haiwan, Jabatan Vetinary, Makmal, Agro Banks and Swiftlet Equipment. I just hope that I will be a regular speaker for the rest of 2008.

This was the first time I was officially invited to be a speaker and I was given closed to 90 minutes to talk.

It was marvellous and I am very sure that those participants learn a lot from what I delivered.

I injected some jokes plus those birds special behaviours makes the seminar more lively.

For future talks I intended to modify some of the topics to include various new pictures and topic that will benefit all participants.

About 30 new and inspiring newbies attended the talk and the next talk will be in Tanjung Malim Perak, then Shah Alam and if I am not mistaken Kota Kinabalu on June 20th, 2008.

Lots of new friends and the most exciting is Mr Chandran, the very first Indian Participant for year 2008.

Mr Chandran, from what I understand, have been hooked to swiftlet flu for almost 5 years. His wife indicated that her husband now love swiftlet more then her. Everywhere he goes, the swiftlet passion is in him. He claimed to chase swiftlets from town to town and sometime he will miss his meals and his appointments.

One special findings that he claimed to have observed is a species of swiftlet that have a wing span of at least a foot and the body length of about 6 inches. This weired phenomena, he said, happened in Nilai, N9 some time back. He imagined that if all our swiftlet are as big as this, one nest might be half a kilo in weight. Hmm.. very interesting.

Right now he owned a four acreas agricultural land but very closed to a chicken breeding plant. He is very scared of the possibility of bird flu due to the closeness of his land plus the fact that those flies might contaminate his swiftlets.

No matter what is going to happen he have alternative plans in his head. He did purchased one unit of the Birdcall Gadget plus the DURESS.

I wish him the best and I hope to meet again during my next trip to Melaka, Bandar Bersejarah.....

No comments: