Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Nice Weekend At My Birdhouse !!!

Been doing a lot of thinking about those wild birds. They are a marvellous creatures that response to sound and smell.

During my last trip home, last weekend, I did some installation of some new gadgets internally plus apply those Aroma.

I also came in late one night, about 12:30 am, to have some serious look at how my swiftlets were coping with their night rest.

One thing for sure you can see that they were pretty restless flying from our wooden plank to the other. Those that have their own nests, seem to be pretty calm and peaceful.

Hmm ..... the use of those immitation nests might help, it dawned on me .....

I was also not very happy that during the daytime I observed most of those tweeters were functioning. You will never notice until you put your ear to them one by one.

Hmm .... maybe the time have come to use those high end tweeters .....

While in KL, I delivered one of those Bazooka to one of my blog reader. This guy is a kind of very curious type. The moment he got hold of the Bazooka and paid cash, he took out a screwdriver and open the pack cover of the Bazooka. There they are those four unbranded tweeters used by the supplier. We checked and fully agreed that a branded tweeters (Motorola, Audex or Technik) will do a much better job.

Hmm ... I got one Bazooka installed in my BH too and I fully agree on his new idea.

One of my BH amplifier was not funtioning well. The moment the disc player changed, the sound distribution was not right. Since I am not an Electronic Engineer, I have no explainations why they behaved that way.

Hmm ... well the time have come to switch from CD player to using memory card. I remember talking to my Electronic genius/Sifu who told me that you can actually save two types of internal sound onto one memory card and the new range of amplifiers can actually split the sound so that you can use one for the left hand side of the connectors and the other the right side.

My BH caretaker did one installation using those metal magnetic compressed tweeters at one corner of the BH. After that instalation, I begin to think that I need to install one more on the 2nd floor.

Hmm ...they is nothing like having all these new installation done in one go ...

Well, well, well. Without telling my wife I pushed myself up to my hometown. My aim was to do what I firmly believed I should do....

There was nothing but to do it myself. The whole of last week I was running around to get those required assessories. It was in my car boot and when I arrived download them and get one by one done.

The final results: Outstanding.

The moment all the new tweeters were in place and a special amplifier for BH was switched on, I could not believed my eyes. All this while I thought there were only a few hundreds but now is in the thousands. They came and inspect those new sound from new tweeters and amplifier.

My sincere conclusion is that the birds do have a very sensitive sound detection system. They love good sound. Good sound come from good sound system and tweeters....

I am very satisfied and I am sure my caretaker will not go home until all those birds are in the house.....

Beside detecting those good sound they also are good in their sense of smell.

This evening while driving home I received a call from one of my blog reader who ordered Close2You Aroma a few days ago. I post lajud to him and he gladly apply the aroma as per my instruction. This was his actual wording:

"Harry, just to inform U that those birds, much more then before, are circling above my BH immediately after the aroma was sprayed by the humidifiers. Yes I laced about 150 ml of close2U in the humidifier water pan as per your advise. Thank U thank u and thank u. I will inform you more when I get some new news soon."

Well, well well, I am happy for him but I did not get his name. I know he is from Johor Bahru.

What more can I say. As long as I can make someone happy, I believed it is always my good day ......

2 comments:

K L said...

Hi, Harry,

The Amp emitting 2 different sounds you mention, does it mean stereo, e.g. 1 sound is baby sound while the other is colony sound ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Yong,

Yes. the amplifier have the ability to run two sound tracks that U saved in one memory card and will transmit one to the left and the other to the right output connectors.

In actual fact it is exactly like the stereo system.

You can actually have those baby sound on one line and the other the colony sound. This is very good for your internal sound distributions.

You may also want to use the same amplifier with two sound for the external. One around the entrance window and the other on the roof top.

The only thing that you need is the right type of sound audit software to download and save them onto the memory card. My recomendation is to use "Sony Sound Forge 8"

If U need any further questions please do not hesitate to call ma at 017 755 1318.