Search This Blog

Monday, May 19, 2008

How To Do A Quick Check On The Number of Birds Inside Your BH !!!

Whenever I do something to my BH, I would like to see the effect on my BH. I want to know whether the number of birds coming in to stay increases or decreases.

During my last trip home I came out with a very simple way of getting to know how many birds are there in my BH.

I might not want to tell you the exact numbers but I want to share how I did the check.

1) Bird Counts Technique.

I came out with this simple idea on how to count those birds in my BH. The idea is to inspect the BH late at night. This technique is only applicable to a new BH with less then 500 birds. Those who already have thousands of birds will find it difficult to do the counting.

If you wish to see the direct result of your aroma theraphy, for example, I suggest U do the followings:

a) Get ready with all the aroma in place before you spray the following day.

b) At around mid night just enter your birdhouse, quitely and accompanied with your helper, and do the bird count. Be carefull and make as little noise as possible. Try not to scare those birds by making loud noises or even talking. You can count those that are resting while those that fly around you give an estimate.

c) The next day you proceed to apply those aromas to the recommeded procedures.

d) That same night you should visit yout BH again and do another birdcount.

Once there are an increase in the number then you know that your aroma theraphy is working. If not then you are not doing the right thing. You should call the aroma supplier and ask him why his aroma is not working. Change those aroma, if I may suggest, or change your supplier.

Maybe your aroma application was not right? Maybe too many of your BH ventilation holes are opened? Or maybe, U have been using a wrong liquids instead of aromas? Or maybe those birds hates the type of aromas that you are using (Dead Shelf Life).


2) Check For Fresh Bird Shits.

Place some fresh paper underneath those spots that the birds loves to roost. U can check the number of fresh birdshits the next day or the next week or during your next visit to the house.

I am sure you know what I am trying so say.

So make full use of the advise and see how it can help you to increase those birds population ...

Have a good week .....

PS: The above method are just an example of various ways to count your birds in your BH. Please refer to the previous write up at:http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-do-you-count-number-of-birds.html

No comments: