Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Great News From Paya Terubong, Penang



"Pak Harry, I am now inside the Paya Terubong BH in Penang for the weekly inspection. The number of birdshit spots on the floor is 6. Three in the main nesting room and 3 in the VIP room."

That was the message received this afternoon from my caretaker who is looking after a BH under my care in Penang.

The BH was not doing well for almost two and half years. There were about three miserable nests and stagnant when it was handed over to my ICU unit.

The owner complained that he is in a very big trouble with his JV partner, happened to be his wife. So stressed up and wanted to give up swiftlet farming in total. The previous consultant refuse to pick up his calls and someone told him that he already passed away (KO, hit the bucket).

One day while attending a function the owner met a good friend who recommended my name. He called and I dropped by in Penang to view his BH.

Hmm.... not bad I told him. The BH was not properly constructed. The main obstacle was those rooms, too many and each room was too small (lesser the 4mX4m) for those birds to rove around. The location of the entrance hole was poorly chosen and those roofing extension was not helping the birds flying path, I told him.

The only way to turn around was to remove all those walls internally, relocate the entrance hole and remove those awning roof. Of course I created those VIP rooms and rearrange all the internal and external tweeters.

The external sound chosen was Tiger, Fabulous Call and Tongkat Ali. Internal sound was nothing else but the BabyKing.

To minimize his cost I recommended to concentrate on the top floor first. If the results, give about 4-6 months, then I will touch the lower floor.

He agreed fully (not many choices I guessed) and after about three weeks the house was ready and reactivated.

I remember the date chosen was 31st March 2010.

After one week there were two markings and now after two weeks it went up to six. The initial two spots were growing indicating that the two couples are permanent tenant.

What you can learned from this article is that if your BH is not doing well there must be some special reasons why. You need to identify those possible problems and find the solutions.

If you cannot identify yourself, get some one who can. You must not let the number of nests in your BH to stay stagnant for more then 4 months.

The longer you waited, the more the chances that your BH be forever stuck with the same number of nests.















No comments: