Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trying Out New Found Aromas !!!

"Pak Harry how can you benefit from those aromas and what is your best advise?"

I recently received this request for the most appropriate answers.

Before I provide my frank opinions let me share recent experience using aromas in my recently launched BHs.

I launched two units in Tanjung Malim about three weeks ago.

Prior to that I only used those bird shits fermented inside those blue containers added with tap water.

After two weeks I inspected the BH and was not very satisfied with the number of bird shit spots on the floor. There were about 15 to 20 spots. I was expecting 30-50.

There must be some way to boost the number, I told myself.

I realised that I do carry this new aromas which I recently purchase from a friend.

I decided to spray the two units with two separate aromas.

After less then one week I stop over to inspect for any results or improvements.

I was surprised that, yes there are improvements. Now the number of spots shoot up to about 30 for first unit and 50 in the second. Nearly all were inside the VIP rooms.

Hmm .... I was very happy but my wish is to push the number to at least 100 spots.

I remember a very close friend who told me that if you can find the right aroma suitable for the BH you must continue spraying every week until you get your target number. Do not give up to easy and keep pushing the accelerator.

Beside the aroma weekly application, make sure everything inside are operating in its perfect conditions.

Good example, those amplifiers are running perfectly, the humidifiers are okay, the bird shit are stirred regularly, the tweeters are functioning and never forget to switch of the light when you leave the BH.

I have this good feeling the number of bird shits can jump to 300 within the the next two months. My gut feel tells me that the 1st nest will be on the way by the 3rd month.

Coming back to the right answer to the above question posted:

1)I believed aromas can act as an agent to dis stress those swiftlets.

2) Aroma if correctly selected and applied will improve and perhaps accelerate the number of new tenants in your new BH.

3) There are aromas that can be sprayed on the nesting planks and those location sprayed will encourage the swiftlet to start building their nests.

4) Never apply any aromas that have ammonia smell in them onto the nesting planks. If you do that the birds will make a conclusion that the spot is dangerous to build a nest because there must be a nest above.

5) If you wanted to see long term results you need to apply the selected aroma on a weekly basis and not once a month. If you apply an aroma purchased from someone that you trusted and immediately there are improvements, my personal advise to you is to buy more and stock them. You then apply them on a weekly basis. Every week check on the progress or improvements. As long as there are improvement keep applying and never miss a week.



I recently found aromas that are supplied in pressure canisters. This is something new and I am sure if you know how to apply it there will be improvements in your BH.

I will conduct trial run for at least 3 - 6 months before making any comments.

I hope the above information are useful to all.

No comments: