Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Padi Fields In Sekinchan, Selangor !!!



I never have this experience where when I am in a padi field then suddently there were hundreds of swiftlet flying just above those young plants.

Three days ago while doing my blog readers from Cambodia, I took them to Sekinchan, Selangor.

During the routine trip I took them to view those stand alone BHs located in those padi fields.

At the first BH stop I saw a huge crowd of swiftlet flying just above the field and I did not waste any time to take my Nikon P90 to snap those birds in action.



Just look at them flying so low and can you give any reason for such a behaviour?

Yes there were many small insects being generated just on this patch of the padi field.

I went closer to the padi field edge and saw something interesting.

There were plentiful of these small insects as big as those fruit flies that you breed using those insect generating powder.

They were transforming from a water cretures into airbone insects.

Just have a good look at these pictures.








PS: Double clicks on the picture to enlarge.

No comments: