Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nowadays Agro Bank Is A Bit Friendlier With Swiftlet Farmers !!!

I remember some time ago when many budding swiftlet farmers were turned down by Agro Bank when they went over to ask for financial assistant.

These bank officers will make you crawl the wall, like spiders, with very little guidance and you will be left with emptiness when you leave the bank.

Their so called Vision and Mission:

Found at: http://www.agrobank.com.my/vision

Vision
To become a leading bank with focus on the agricultural sector.


Mission
The bank will provide financial services holistically according to market demands and customer needs through prudent financial management to:
1. Agro-entrepreneur
2. Micro, small and medium-scale entrepreneurs
3. Individuals


Sometime you don't understand why an Agricultural Based bank is so biased to swiftlet farmers.

Now the time have changed and I got this latest email from a newbie who went to visit the same bank a few days back.

Read this:

Dear Harry,

I have been keeping up with my reading on your blog and the information provided is overwhelming and enlightening!

After buying the birdcall machine from you; with Mr. Kev help I tested it on our land (opposite Kiansom Heights) and the number of birds flying around your the device was around 50+ birds. According to Kev, Mr. G has a BH on top of the mountain behind my poultry farm which is approximately 1-11/2 km from where I tested the device. Kev was quite happy with the test results but I was not too sure. If you remember I did call you to query on that matter and you told me that amount is a good sign.

Well of course being an impatient person I went to Agrobank to ask for assistance but was told that there is no allocation for my venture; also the land where I want to build my BH had been charged to a commercial bank for other purposes.


I was so happy to read that you actually wrote to Datuk Najib on the allocation of funds for swiftlet ventures and his subsequent allocation for this sector. Last week I went to Agro Bank on this bank loan matter and were given a set of form to fill and to provide the following:

1) a working paper for the venture/loan proposal
2) types of collateral that I will be providing to the bank.
3) registration approval by Jabatan Veteriner
4) management team experinece/consultants used
5) marketing plans
6) cost of building
7) and any other fundings

Therefore, I would like to get acopy of your bank loan proposal to be used as a guideline for my loan application. Please tell me the nominal amount of money and which account you want me to bank in the money. Also how much I have to pay you for courier fees if you are couriering the documents to me or if you prefer to email me the documents?

Also, I believe you have a building construction design that you can give me too, right? Of course you must let me know the nominal amount and which account you want me to bank in 4 this. Thank you.

When will you be back in Kota Kinabalu again? Being a newbie who knows nuts about building, wood types, music players, humidifiers, etc - I would need your constant advice!

After reading your blog and listening to your seminar I don't dare to trust other 'con-sultants' since I believe in you!

Hope to hear from you the soonest possible. I will be out of the country from 10 July till 2 Aug but don't worry I can be contacted by email.

Thank you and regards from,

K

My hope and wish is that there will be more financial institutions which will support Swiftlet Farming Industries.

The industry was accepted an Agricultural, under high value industries, and it should be given equal support as compared to other agricultural activities in the country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

didn't expect u 2 publish my email.
Still waiting 4 your instructions n documents ha ha