Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Long Talk With Swiftlet Farming Enterprenuer In Setiawan !!!

Yesterday while busy with my new Rawang Country Home birdhouse got a phone call from someone who wanted to purchase those fake nests.

"Harry, do you sell those plastic fake nests?"

Yes I do and the price is RM 5.  How many do you want?

"Aww too expansive and I need it badly.  I need it for my breeding of swiftlet activities. I have used all those that I imported and now short of 100 pieces."

Can you repeat what you said?  You are breeding those swiftlet in a cage?

"Yes I have been doing these for 3 years now and have recently found a new method to feed those young chicks using palletized food."

Very interesting and I have never come across any person who are as advance as you.

"Well Harry even I have come to this level there are still a lot to do and to learn.  I have spend every hour of my time in breeding, learning every possible techniques available but I am still learning more new things about swiftlet.  During one of the breeding cycle the whole batch died and until today I could not find the answer why? Must be some kind of virus."

"The cost to managed and make it viable is very high and I am sure many others who are doing the same face the same problems."

"Currently I incubate about 1000 eggs a batch and breed them by using those pelletized food that I prepared.  It is a concoction of protein and vitamins.  So far, after two months, they seem to like the food with very little death rate.  The biggest problem is that once they got used to the pelletized food they refuse to eat any insects."

"If they do not eat insects we have no choice but to continue feeding them with those pelletized food.  So how can it be viable?"

"Since I am doing a research I will continue with my effort and please drop by in Setiawan for a cup of coffee."

Well I told him that I will call him during my next visit to Setiawan Perak.

No comments: