Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Busy With Revamping Another BH in Rawang Country Home !!!

There is no rest or break, nowadays, and this week been busy with another revamp work of another sick BH is Rawang Country Home.

The BH was on the top two floors of a three stories shop house.

I remembered a few months ago when the owner invited me to view the unit.

It was put into operation for about 6-8 months but with not a trace of any bird inside.

From the birds population in the area I told the owner that there must be something wrong with the design.  After about 45 minutes of inspection submitted my recommendations on what to be done.  Remember my visit report can be 15 to 25 pages report.

I told him what I feel need to be done and how to get the bird back into the house.

In the meantime I was offered to take a percentage of the harvest for 20 years.

Hmm... that was a reasonable offer.

With the offer I described my plan to revamp the house as I feel fit and got my worker at site three days ago.

One of the most important reconstruction will be the entrance area.

The current design was with too many obstacles where the owner decided to erect those walls and steel frames to prevent burglary.  These wall and small windows they to block the flying path of the birds.

One more futures that I decided to erect was the slanting roof to guide those birds down to the opening into the nesting room.  See the attached drawing.

If you have a similar entrance hole system try this new idea.

Internally I have decided to erect at least two VIP rooms plus some short partitions to block those bright light coming inside the nesting room.

There will be lots of additional tweeters all are bullet type.  I have ordered a set from Audax and Nikkodo.

The most interesting will be the use of a new type of heat insulation materials that I purchased in Klang.  There is a rock wool encapsulated in a special aluminium foils.  They call it coolbatts.

My plan is to insulate all those walls that were facing the sun from the inside.  I wanted to reduce the high temperature to below 30*C.  Currently the maximum indicated was 32*C.

The BH should be ready to be relaunched on the coming Friday July 16th 2010 before my birthday on July 22nd.

No comments: