Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Distorted DNA !!!

Something that worries a newbie about building his BH on an agricultural land.  It seem that Thai people are also very similar to Malaysian where they do not share their knowledge about swiftlet farming.

Hmm... they must be the same DNA with the rest. What about me?  I guess my DNA was distorted !!!


Read this email and my reply to him:

21 Jul 2010
 
Dear, Mr.Harry

 
I'm your new blog fan club. Your blog is very useful especially for new ones like me. I respect you very much for your sacrifices and kindness in helping people.

 
I'm very interrested in BH business event I don't have yet enough money to invest now . I'm Thai people, 55 year old, and have a little farm(for plantation only) in rural mountain area in the south of Thailand. I noticed that there are some swiftlets flying over my farm everyday in the morning and evening. I’m sure swiflets find their food in this area.

 
I had bought the CD test sound from a thai blog and tested for two times. There were about 50 swiftlets responsed to it. After I readed your blog I think it should be better if I use your “Duress” sound test, but normally you sell it in complete set with amplifier and tweeters. However, I would like to ask for your help if I buy only your Duress CD for reduce delivery cost of amp and tweeters, is it possible? If you are kind please tell me how much it cost?

 
My farm is very near to the forest and about 60 Km far from Suratthani Province. I’m sure there is no any BH within 10-20 Km from my farm. There are many BHs in the town but no one is pleased to tell others about how to raise swiftlets. However, I read from some Thai blogs(almost of them are consultants), some of them said you should raise swiftlets near the existing BHs in the town and it’s not suitable to do it in rural area far away, but some said it’s OK. That makes me confused, so please advise me if anywhere there are enough swiftlets response the testing sound, can we raise them or not?

 
Even though I’m Thai, different race from yours, may I learn from you and respect you to be my teacher?  
Yours respectfully,

 
G. Khanit 


My Reply:

Khanit,

Sorry for the late reply.

Well you are lucky to know how to find answers to your problems.

There is no reason why you cannot be successful if your BH is far from town.

To own a BH is town areas have their own good things but having one on an agricultural land also have their good things.

Swiftlets do not nest on those trees branches.  They need a kind of house with proper enclosure that is dark and safe for the birds to build their nests.  Once they have their nest up they will lay 2 eggs and incubate until two chicks are hatched.

What happened after that.  The mother and dad need to go out and hunt for food to feed those babies every hour or lesser. 

To rush out and rush back to carry food is better to be in an angri land and not in the town areas. That mean on Agri land the food sources are nearer as compared to town areas.


Do you see why it is better to be in away from town.

However in town their are lot of people and less trees.  As such there are lesser predators like owls, snakes, musang, hornbils, monitor lizards, squirrel, gakos,  and so on.


So those birds feel safer to be in a town areas.
However if you provide the protection from those owls and predators, u are still the winner to be having a BH in the agri land?

Hope the above give you some ideas why it is better to be on an agri land?


Harry

No comments: