Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sawn Timbers And Their Smell !!!!

This two weeks I have been running up and down to Rawang to finish up the revamping works on a BH.

During one of the morning, I received a call from my worker who stays somewhere near Rawang.

"Pak Harry, I got a big problem. There are so many birds inside the house and what should I do?  There are at least 50 to 100 birds inside and I would not like to disturb them."

My answer to him was to shut the sound and open all the light so that he can continue with his job. Time is running out and we cannot effort any delay.

I rushed to the work site and manage to catch a glipse of at least 10 more inside the house refusing the leave.

I took my worker for a cup of coffee and asked him what he thinks the possible causes of so many birds inside the BH while under renovation.

"Pak, I think it was the smell of those wood that I cut for the partitioning works in the house. Yesterday I cut a lot of  those sawn timbers."

While listening to his answer my mind keep flashing exactly the same thing that another friend was telling me.

It seem that during the time when you start installing those nesting planks there will be lots of birds either on the rooftop or at the entrance hole and if you are lucky they will fly inside the house.

This strange behavior might be something that we can use to lure those birds into the BH.

What if we cut those left overs wood or nesting planks and stack them in a bin.  If you can place a small fan at the bottom of the stack.  Use a digital timer to activate the fan perhaps from 9.00am till 11.00am and 4:00 pm till 7:00 pm.

I am sure if my theory is right there will be lots of birds coming into your BH.

No comments: