Search This Blog

Swiftlet Farming Seminar On May 5 & 6th, 2018

Swiftlet Farming Seminar On May 5 & 6th, 2018
Calling for participants to this special Swiftlet Farming Seminar to be held in Sandakan, Sabah. You will be given the opportunity to learn and at same time to enter two BHs plus how to prepare MV3 aroma, Seminar will be held at Sandakan Hotel, Sandakan Sabah. For detail please PM 0177551318

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is Your BH Doing Well?

How do you know whether your BH is doing well or not?

I was on the telephone line for almost 45 minutes with a BH owner who just wanted to buy my Black Cloud.

At first he was just asking for the price of my Black Cloud but one led to the other and finally he asked if his BH after 3 years with only 30 nests is considered successful.

Well I gulp my saliva and told him that there must be something not right with the BH.

On the average his yearly population was only 10 nests.  Can 10 be considered successful?

I am sure every individual has his own opinion.

My frank answer was that there must be something wrong.

It might be the temperature, the humidity, the darkness, the flying path, the entrance hole direction, maybe its size or 1000 more reasons.

The best I advised him to do is to get someone with good experiences plus background who can evaluate the possible reasons and remedies.

Choose someone with some kind of professional qualification.  He must be someone  a bit elderly, with at least 5 to 10 years swiftlet farming experiences but must have with a Professional back ground.

My reason for choosing a person with Professional background is because these people will be more ethical and matured. They will think for you as a professional person and will not jeopardize their integrity.

Many so called "consultants" with no professional background tend to have no code of ethic and always tend to use short cuts in everything.

More often then not they do not have a very clear ideas of those birds behaviors, their special gifts, their liking and many more.

Remember I am not trying to belittle those with no Professional back gound but this is a safer bet for you and your BH.

Also remember you have invested so much money and you need a professional person to help you out.

One more mistake is not to insist for a black and white report after they visited your BH.  You know why?  Those with no proper degree will not know how to write !!!

So if you go so low to get advise from such a person you will have trouble to improve your BH.

Remember you will only remember 20% of what he told you to do and the rest ( 80%) were forgotten the moment he said goodbye after collecting his fees.

Once you got hold of his report you need to quickly arrange to modify your BH.  Follow exactly what he have recommended and try not to put the sound on until you have completed in total.

Before embarking, please do some audit.  Count the number of nests and maybe draw a ceiling chart to be more precise.  Place a black dot on those planks where the current nests are located. 

When doing the revamp works try not to work after 4:30pm.  Those tenants of your need to come back home to roost.

The way to go after that revamp works is to let the BH be on operation for at least 3 -4 months.  During this period try not to engage any other consultant.  Monitor the progress and change those sound if required.

A good revamp works will result in a positive growth of those birds coming in to stay.

If after the 4 months nothing happened or very little advancement you can assumed that the revamp works were incorrect.

You best choice now is to get a better "Consultant" which might help you to achieve your desired results.

Never give up but try to make the right selection of the "Consultant" from the beginning.

Don't blame any one if it does not works.  The only person to be blame is ...................................

Well don't worry if there is a way I am sure you will find the right answers.

Keep learning and improve your knowledge.

There are lots of books, blog sites, seminars and courses that you can attend.

I am sure the answer to your BH problem is not as big at the sunk Titanic.

1 comment:

andy said...

Hi , I'm Andy frm swk , may I knw whr u learn ur experience and do u attnd any seminar before? cos I wanna follow ur way to success the way i'm ur blog fan