Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day One In Termerloh And Jerantut & Day Two In Kuala Lipis, Raub and Bentong !!!

A long drive from KL to Temerloh then to Jerantut.  The next day crossed the thick Pahang jungle to Kuala Lipis before stopping over at Durian orchard in Raub.

Among the best thing during the trip were those good lunches, dinner and the best durian.

On Sartuday I was scheduled to have my monthly inspection of the Jerantut Revamped BH.  Before making the trip was requested to stop over in Temerloh to view a 5 acres agriculture land.

Well as usual just to please the land owner I stopped by and after a 20 minutes bird call testing I told the owner on my opinion.

Then on my way to Jerantut.  The revamped BH owner was waiting for me to hand over the hotel key so that I can take my rest and later went over to his BH.

The number of Bird shits were reasonable but I was not happy with the result.  The main amplifier was not functioning well so switched to a new unit.  Applied a new aroma to the wall and open the standby window to get more birds to enter the house.

The next day proceeded to Kuala Lipis.  Small road but luckily not many cars or those timber lorries.  Upon reaching a self made swiftlet farmer was waiting for my sound collection.  He was very proud to show around his BH which he took over from his so called consultant.

"Harry after I took over I managed to push the number of nests from 15 to 250.  What I did was to follow your advises in increasing those tweeters, installed fake nests, use your Black cloud and reduce the nesting room temperature."

I was impressed with this young man who self taught swiftlet farming and totally dependent on those blogs. I told him that he did the right thing.  He was brave and bold enough to get help from those whom he knows can offer their knowledge.

After the visit he took me to the best Jelawat Restaurant in Kuala Lipis "Restoran Low Kwan Seafood".

"Harry this restaurant belongs to my sister and the most famous with people in Kuala Lipis, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur."

Hmm how interesting but the cost of Jelawat was too expansive (500 per kg) so we settled with Ikan Tapah.

The fresh prawns was marvelous and I also enjoyed the sambal tumis petai with squids.

If you happened to be in Kuala Lipis Call this number  0199877279.  Remember to make your booking first.

After lunch I hurried towards Raub.  Just after starting received a call from a newbie who was in Raub.

"Harry can you stop for a cup of coffee in Raub."  Why not?

In the end I ended with visiting two more BHs plus a mouthful of those Durian Musang King.

The first unit was somewhere at Sungai Ruan somewhere in a shop while the second was in a Durian Orchard belonging to a professional photographer Mr Eddy Yong (019 9669612)

More about Eddy's Raub Durian Orchard go to:

http://raubdurianorchard.blogspot.com/2010/07/jeffrey-and-harry-kok-from-awesome.html

Hmm... not bad. The best Durian in Raub and it was the fee for his BH inspection and all the good advises.


In Bentong I decided to make a bird count check at the Jalan Lok Yew BH which I co-owned with the owner of the building and a friend.  

I was very happy that the number of birds entered were so many between 7:30 till 7:50 pm.  I called the owner and told him that there were at least 1,000 birds, estimated, entered the house.

This trip was wonderful.  Meet many new blog readers, inspected BHs, good food and the BH in Bentong is doing marvelously well.  I am a very happy and contended person. Praise the almighty.

No comments: