Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bagan Dato: A sleepy town with many BHs !!!


I was asked by a blog reader to evaluate a piece of land located in Bagan Dato, Perak.

It took me about 3 hours to arrive from Kuala Lumpur and the visit was not bad after all.

The moment I reached this small town I started my investigation how my BHs are there along the main street and how many in the vicinity.

To my surprise nearly the whole town was with BHs on the upper floor.

The way to detect them is to drive at the back lane of the town, jalan tikus.  You will start to hear those external sound and you can pin point where they are coming from.

The two rows of shop, making up of the whole town, consisted of about 30 shops.  I think more then 60% were converted into swiftlet house (top floors).

Among all the BHs one seem to be the heaviest with birds population.  The end unit nearest to the river mouth.

Outskirt there were a number of BHs mainly stand alone but unfortunately not many that can be classified as successful.

You can see the scars left by the owner opening and closing those entrance hole on the BH walls.

The number visited was not more then 10 units.

Enjoy these pictures and if you happened to visit Bagan Dato open you eyes and try to locate them:









No comments: