Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mist Spray Was Something That Was Used to Populate Ayer Jernih BH !!!

Try to focus your eyes on the picture provided and see if you can find a rod above the monkey house somewhere at the corner.

I remember asking about this special gadget installed at Ayer Jernih BH.

The moment I saw it I asked the BH owner for a confirmation.

"Yes Pak Harry I do installed those steel rod complete with nozzles to provide a kind of mist for those wild birds to come and play above the monkey house.  I got two sets one is at the opposite side diagonally."

He took me into his data room and showed me the gadget.

According to him he used to buy them from a supplier but with his workshop up he normally DIY with the help of his capable workers.

The best is to raise the rod about 5 feet above the monkey house roof and get those nozzles to face the edge of the roof.  Make sure they are at 90* angle as if you have a boxing ring with water mist sprayed from the two side poles.

The number of nozzles on each pole shall be subjected to the pump sizing.  More nozzles means more pressure required.

With such an exceptional result of 700 nests within 12 months I think this is something that helps the population growth.


We cannot ignore the fact but we need more experiment to proof that these mists sprays do help in increasing those precious nests.

No comments: