Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A New Way To DIY Those Fake Nests !!!


"Pak Harry I wanted to share something that you can share with your blog readers.  This have something to do about those fake nests."

The exact words from someone whom I have known for many years.  A good person both internally and externally.

Nowadays I told him that there not many who are willing to share their ideas of findings.

I often dropped by at his shop for a cup of coffee and exchange some new things that will benefit every swiftlet owner.

This time he was focusing on how to use those corner covers as the fake nests.

He walked to one of the table and gladly brought to me a sample of the curved V shape corner cover made of red meranti wood.

Then he says these:

"Pak Harry, all you need to do is to cut these corner covers into a one inch strips.  After you have cut you then soak into your favorite aroma for two days and dry them up. Try to apply the aroma just before you wanted to install them on your nesting planks.  Trust me it will work marvelously."

I thought deeply about his idea and it make sense.  How come I never thought about it before.

The next thing that I did was to visit a log miller and saw those corner covers not yet cut.  About 5 feet long each.

I quickly asked the owner to let me have about 10 pieces for my experiment.

This is how it look like after installation.

I soak it into two different types of aromas:  MysecretRCP and Erotika.






I hope it will be as what my friend indicated while in Penang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)