Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another BH With Little Nests After 6 Years Into Operation !!!


During the same weekend I was specially invited to visit a second BH owned by the same owner who operate a print shop.

His 1st BH was with more than 1200 nests located somewhere at Jalan Raja Uda and was too dry.

He needed my expertise to diagnose what can be the reason his second unit was not as good as the first unit.

I was driven to the location some where at Sungai Rambai, BM.  He got his JV partner to be at the location to listen to my views and diagnosis.

This time the unit is a three stories building and two of the higher floors were converted some time in 2005.

The number of nests were less than 40 pieces.

More on the upper floor, 2/3,  as compared to the lower floor, 1/3.

They have modified DIY more than 4 times and the nests number climb a bit but stop in less than one month.

I observed and showed them something about where their tenant were hiding.  They love to hide their nest at the darkest area of the floor.

So I told them that they need to think of erecting a wall to darken the nesting areas.

With one simple modification I was cock sure that the nest number will be increased by at least 5-10 nests.

The rest of the things in the BH was very similar to those sick BH that I have visited.

The cold fact was that they have been wrongly advised and have very little knowledge in swiftlet farming.

There were no VIP room(s).

No enough internal sound tweeters.

There were no external sound tweeters inside the nesting room.

The pulling tweeters playing external sound were not precisely placed.

The entrance areas were a bit difficult for the birds to find the entrance hole into the nesting areas.

There was no hexagonal tweeters on the roof top.

The amplifier used were low grade and not properly adjusted to maximize the sound quality.

The rest were the same and all I needed to do was to write them down for them to revamp.







I am hopeful that the recommendations will be followed and I am sure there will be some suprises.

No comments: