Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Project In Kulim, Kedah !!!



I was invited to view an old shop house that was stranded for almost 15 years in Kulim, Kedah.

The new owner who bought the unit via his lawyer was proud to present the unit for me to decide how to convert it into a BH.


"Pak Harry I bought this unit and wanted to convert it into a BH. I need your help to come out with a suitable design."

If not because of him this roofless shop house will be laid to waste for the next 100 years.


Swiftlet industry help to salvage these worn down building.  The previous owner managed to release and the bank who finance him was happy too.

This is something good about swiftlet farming.

You help to salvage old worn out building and also those owners who have given up all their hope to clear with the bank.

After about 45 minutes I came out with a nice design with top entrance type facing the east.

My main concerns were on the hot sun hitting the side walls.

They will push the internal temperature up if no proper insulation were done.

The owner got what he wanted and I am very happy that he got me to have a good look at the unit.

Now it looked very untidy and worthless but within 3-5 years it will be worth a million ringgit or more.
Trust me.





No comments: